Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loved this car but sadly, it will not start and has become a money pit. Needs a new wiring harness which will cost 3K and we don’t know if it will start with this fix. It’s time to throw in the towel and sell it for parts or scrap. Near Portland, Oregon. Car has 200,000 miles. Posting this message in case anyone on this thread has a need for a significant amount of parts. $1000 firm (that’s what scrap yard will give me). Other than not starting, this car still ran great.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Who says it needs a new loom and exactly which part of it are they talking about?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealer estimate, supported by my mechanic (who has been really helpful and saved me a ton through the process). It had a leaky sunroof issue a few years ago - we thought we had everything fixed but there looks to be corrosion. Wires are corroded and broken. That’s just the wires and connections. My mechanic believes that the issue could snowball if I invest in the repair, which would not be done at the dealer (this forum has taught me a bit over the years). Not sure of exact details (which wire etc) thus selling for parts only. Touareg has a been an amazing vehicle for me, but the cost of fixing is now more than the worth of the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts