Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a few posts already out there but for some reason I can't open any of the existing threads from Google and can't search on the forum

So about 2 weeks ago I was leaving to go to work. I drove about 200' up my road and then it started to sputter. Out of habit I went to go hit the clutch and was going to rev it up a little bit. But because this is a touareg and doesn't have a clutch I just ended up slamming on the breaks and the car died during that. Tried starting it back up and no luck. It cranks and it revs up that small amount but won't start. I have a warranty but there's a 30 day 1000 mile gap in coverage when a transfers made ( I just bought the car a little over a month ago) so I may be SOL on the warranty.

Does anyone have any insite on what to do here to get her started or what the problem may be?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Sounds like a fuel issue. Either a bad pump or a clogged filter. I gotta tell you when I got mine the filter looked like it had never been changed - totally black and clogged with crap.

Write down your VIN number and go to the dealer for a filter (you need the number because in 2004 there were two different filters used and this will help them get you the right one).

Do a search here on replacing the filter to get full instructions. It's not hard, but you do need to follow the instructions to prevent an air lock in the fuel system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts