Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have read all threads about it, my treg will not start.
There was only some 5-6 rpm this morning, then stopped cranking
I have kessy entry
Everything is ok, Power, steeringwheel Lock comes off, radio on. says Engine starting in display panel, but doesnt crank.
No click in startes, no crank nothing.
The dealer changed kessy unit 5 weeks ago, had it for 7 weeks, had problems With coding it. Still foult on 1 antenna, but it is the wrong unit, they say its the right one but i am convinced it is the wrong one, there has been a number of partsnumber transfers.

Anyone With tips? Could it be the starter? i dont think it is, but maby i am wrong. Never had any problems With it before, no sound ore anything.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
charge BOTH batteries. If it starts, change BOTH batteries. If it doesn't take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Usually there would be a noice first, maby som trouble before the starter stops.
So i think the starter is ok, but there is abseloutely no sign of life in the starter

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Its the starter, can it be replaced without taking the engine out??
A guy in the UK had a garage take out the starter with the engine still in.

Having replaced the starter with the engine out I would not remotely recommend trying this as they may have been able to get things out and so forth but it would have been an extreme struggle and probably spent just as much time as removing and replacing the engine. it would have been almost impossible to fit it all back together and be confident it was properly reassembled.

regards
Drag

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A guy in the UK had a garage take out the starter with the engine still in.

Having replaced the starter with the engine out I would not remotely recommend trying this as they may have been able to get things out and so forth but it would have been an extreme struggle and probably spent just as much time as removing and replacing the engine. it would have been almost impossible to fit it all back together and be confident it was properly reassembled.

regards
Drag
So what you are saying is, that there is hope? hope to do this without taking out motor and transmission?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.