Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed my transmission oil at 298,000km (185,000mi). Symptoms: 1) oil leak around transmission pan seal, 2) kept high rpm (audible) when downshifting. 3) "gulping" sounds when accelerating but esp when coming to a stop ONLY when cold (below 60 deg.) 4) once or twice, on single-lane highway, when overtaking often, would go a bit "crazy"--very little response from accelerator, high engine sound as pressing the paddle in neutral. 5) on VCDS, high slip RPMs. Checked--gear oil smelt burnt. Nothing else--no hard shifting, etc.

Replaced twice. First time, 6l out and 6l fresh one in, did not replace gasket/ seal and filter. Second time, again, 6 litres, changed seal and filter. No noticeable change first time. Second time, smoother changes, incredibly lighter to drive and slightly better fuel consumption.

However, even after the second time and confirming twice the oil level (full), still makes gulping sounds when cold (below about 45-50 deg.) and VCDS shows similar slip pattern.
Noticed: some white deposit at the bottom of the pan (mechanic says normal)--possibly no one changed ATF in it's long life ever. (see attached picture).

Questions 1) any idea what this white/ cream stuff is? 2)why the gulping sound? 3) what of the slip RMPs in VCDS? Are they "normal"? I'm attaching a few graphs derived from logging at different sorts of drives and snippets of the log.

Pictures to follow in next post. I can also post snippets of the log if someone wants but not doing so now to avoid clutter

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
couldn't get upload links to work, so below is a haphazard selection (reduced sizes)
1. slip vs gear selection with part steep downhill in triptronic
2. slip vs speed before ATF change
3. slip vs speed 0-100 after atf change
4. spli vs gear selection part highway in sports mode
5. oil pan (green is reflection)
6. old filter

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't figure a way of posting a .csv log file and formatting here makes it silly to copy-paste directly. if anyone has suggestions, let me know. Will be happy to share my log files (for comparison and perhaps advice/ clarity)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts