Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Year: 2004
Engine: V10 TDI (BKW)
Mileage: 138K Mi
Last 5 of VIN: 86567
Asking Price: $6,000

Throwing a feeler out there for my 2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI. It runs and drives but will require a new engine in the future.

Some of the special/more rare features it has:
Teak interior in fairly nice shape
Stock alloy 19" Wheels
Folding mirrors (works)
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (works on all wheels)
Windshield wiper intermittent control with rain sensor (works)
Air ride suspension (works)
Front dual climate control (works)
Rear dual climate control (works)
Roll-up sun screen for rear side windows (both work)
Front heated seats (works)
Rear Differential lock (works)
CD Navigation (works) with most discs
Fancier sound system (11 speaker?)
Parking sensors (works)

Most everything works on this vehicle with the exception of the rear wiper. No idea why - it came like that.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Explain the "needs new engine" bit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Explain the "needs new engine" bit.
I bought it with a clicking noise which I was told was "normal". After investigation, the #10 cylinder has damage and is wearing through the cylinder wall coating. It runs and has plenty of power with the other 9 cylinders and twin turbos picking up the slack but how long it will last is a guessing game. The driverside camshaft also shows some wear but the cylinder is the issue.

I wanted to be straight forward that this Touareg runs and drives right now but will eventually need a new engine. I have listed this significantly lower than I bought it for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the long -no response- time. Finally got it temp tagged and drove it around today. See the photos below. Make an offer.

Ignore the photos of it's replacement (the X5). Had to have one last photo shoot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for the long -no response- time. Finally got it temp tagged and drove it around today. See the photos below. Make an offer.

Ignore the photos of it's replacement (the X5). Had to have one last photo shoot.
Apparently I need 5 posts or more for additional photos. Here's post 5!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Did you get her sold on Ebay?
Running the engine with the plasma chipping away is a ticking timebomb, debris will get into places where it shouldn't and cause catastrophic damage.
You need a new block unfortunately. I have already done such a swap to save a Touareg with the exact same color :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts