Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car has a weird problem which could not be resolved in local VW using diagnostic program:

Webasto is working fine (at least seems so). And the engine is warm (90..).
During a short trip it seems that heating works fine, but when the driving gets longer (e.g. 10-15 minutes onwards) the heating stops. The heating is pushing only cold air inside and it does not turn on anymore. Sometimes it does not turn on even in the beginning, sometimes its working a bit longer that 10-15 min, but turns off randomly anyway.
So, it's freezing inside, in Scandinavia...

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I would suspect a bad thermostat, clogged heater core or a water valve sticking. Get a proper coolant flush. Otherwise it could be a bad climate control module.

Any overheating? Does the engine temperature stay at 90°C?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine is not overheating, temperature stays nicely the same at 90 C.
You mentioned many possibilities. Which one to start with?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Check that the air path for the climatronic interior temp sensor isn't blocked up with dust. You can monitor the temp sensor fan RPM with VCDS.

If the sampler fan isn't working heat from the dashboard will slowly warm the sensor, making the climate control think the cabin is too hot.

-J

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Okay - that pretty much rules out the thermostat. I'd still get a coolant flush done. Then look at the climate control.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Another test would be to set the interior temp to HI. If you get heat then you know it's a controls problem, not a heater core or coolant flow problem.

-J

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check that the air path for the climatronic interior temp sensor isn't blocked up with dust. You can monitor the temp sensor fan RPM with VCDS.

If the sampler fan isn't working heat from the dashboard will slowly warm the sensor, making the climate control think the cabin is too hot.

-J
Many thanks for these advice. Will start to examine different possibilities. Return for your valuable help if needed. Cheers!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had a somewhat similar issue on my 2010 VR6 but it usually came up on longer trips. It seems to have gone away. I was told it was likely a blend door actuator.

My blower motor is making more and more noise so I have ordered a replacement off ebay and hopefully this takes care of the other problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts