Club Touareg Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2004 V10 TDI - great condition

For Sale: 
2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  APOLLO18 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Time has come to sell the nicest vehicle I have ever owned, my 2004 Touareg V10 TDI.

VIN# ------------69083
Mileage: 111,400
5.0 liter twin turbo V10 Diesel engine
340 hp
*550 ft. lbs. torque*
18/25 mpg hand calculated
No DPF on this year Touareg
Zero accidents

Located in the Washington, DC area.

Asking $14K OBO

Many details below!

We bought this because it does it all:
Drives like a sportscar - this thing is FAST
Super smooth power delivery
Amazing air suspension ride
Towing ability - can tow like a truck, but still looks great for a night out, and easy to park anywhere

I have had the vehicle for four years. I am the third owner. If I recall correctly, the first owner was in Florida. I bought the car from the second owner in California, after finding it on a Craigslist ad. We spoke at length, he sent me all his service records, and answered every question I had. I even called and talked to his mechanic for a bit. Agreed on price and I had the car shipped across the country. No regrets.

My reasons for selling?
Space - we’ve started cross country take-kid-to-college trips, with big musical instruments, bikes, etc.
We’ve upgraded our trailer to one that approaches 10,000 lbs when loaded. The Touareg’s capacity is 7700 pounds, although it has the power to tow just about anything. So we bought a Suburban (a custom Diesel one - I’m sold on Diesel power). It can fit all the stuff….. But the Touareg makes the Suburban seem like it was designed and engineered in a junior high tech class.
**The VW is an amazing tow vehicle. One summer we rented a new Ford F250 crew cab longbed for our trip towing our travel trailer. I was surprised to find that the Touareg was a far superior towing vehicle in every respect - more power (of course), smoother power, better mileage, straighter, better tracking, stuck to the pavement better, no sway issues, no effect from wind, more comfortable, and much quieter. All this despite the Ford’s higher weight and longer wheelbase.

With the exception of two visits to a VW dealership, I had it serviced at a high-end automotive shop, which does a most of its business on Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche, Audi, etc. Great mechanics who really understand this vehicle and its engine well. I’ll miss them. They told me they’d be happy to talk to a prospective buyer about my Touareg. I also have all records from the previous owner, and talked to that shop before I bought it.

-Low mileage: 110,500 miles. There is a member here who owns/has owned 5 of these. This engine will last.
-Warranty: Aftermarket extended warrantees are available. I looked into one company that my mechanic recommended, they're actually not terribly expensive.

-Brand New transmission installed at 103,465 mi. The torque converter malfunctioned and locked up. VW decided to replace the entire transmission, under the extended warranty.
-Tires are brand new. Very Good tires, as recommended by my mechanic.
-Fresh alignment with the new tires. Drives straight and true.
-Rear brakes are brand new - new rotors and pads.
-Front brakes have only 3k miles on them - also new rotors and pads.
-New Interstate battery. (One of two batteries this vehicle has.)
-The TPMS batteries have died. Rather than replace the four sensors (part of the valve stem), I used VagCom (the VW group interface software) to turn off the system, because I’m happy to periodically check the tire pressure myself. If you’d like to restore the TPMS system, it can easily be reactivated using VagCom once the sensors are replaced (may as well wait until you replace tires). No worries if you don’t own VagCom (I don’t either) - ClubTouareg is great to help you find other enthusiasts, and someone is bound to help you. I have found the forums, particularly ClubTouareg.com, to be invaluable to helping me understand, enjoy, and get the most out of this rather complex vehicle.
-The self-leveling air suspension is amazing - best ride I’ve experienced. In sport mode the suspension lowers an inch to better hug the road, and stiffens as well. In loading mode (aka help-grandma-into-the-car mode), the suspension lowers two inches. Resets to normal automatically when you exceed 5 mph. There is also an off-road setting, which raises the suspension. Resets to normal when you exceed 15 mph.
-Carpets are very very clean.
-Car has never been smoked in.
-Wired for brake controller.
-In addition to the perfect stock floor mats in great condition, there is a set of heavy duty rubber floor mats with the Touareg logo, showing little to no wear.
-I installed an aftermarket bluetooth connection to the excellent stereo. Listen to music and make your calls hands free. Or plug in with headphone jack.
-I find that the color hides dirt well. It has a good shine and looks good even when it needs a wash.
Everything is in top condition!

The ‘bad’:
There are a couple dings; I’ve included photos of them.
Wheels have road rash.
Some of the buttons are peeling.

It really is in wonderful shape.

As you shop, check this about the others you find:
Is it low mileage?
Does it have NEW tires?
Does it have NEW brakes?
Does it have a NEW TRANSMISSION?

Feel free to ask questions.

I’ve done some of your homework for you:
Comps I’ve found:

On Cargurus:
$10000

$11590

$9800

$11000

$26000

$13000

$9000

$10200

$13000

$15000

$16000

------------------
On Autotrader:

$18000

$11600

07 135k
$15000

$29500

$16000

On ebay:
$23000

On Craigslist:
78k mi in CA
$16500

On ClubTouareg
286k mi!
$14000 canadian

60k mi R5
$32000

$30000

$18500

$19000

$15000

$19900

$18k

$15000

$19000

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Hi! Just seeing if still avail. What packages does this have? Moving to ski country so the winter one is being very sought after lol

And being slightly new to the Touareg scene, I thought I saw someone say that theirs didn't have locking diffs, and I see the dial in the one pic but just making sure it has it.

If you want to email me instead, it'll probably be faster since I literally just made this account- I'm at bobmusick at aol.

Currently in an allroad, but the family needs something with just a bit (lol) more grunt (sticking with the VW fam) since my brother and I seem to aquire heavier and heavier things that need to be moved lol

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.