Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Time has come to upgrade and I'll be looking to sell my 2004 Touareg. Wife is upgrading to a 14'.

I'm still debating keeping her, but wouldn't mind the money towards costs incurred w new vehicle and to see it go to a good home.

I am located in killington, VT.

2004 V8
163,xxx
Meticulously maintained
TONS of records from first owner to me

Good:

Up to date on all major stuff like timing belt, air suspension etc. no dash lights or warning lights, CEL etc. receipts for all work.

Air suspension: front bags have been replaced and I'm
Pretty sure the rear were at some point to. Compressor completely rebuilt, no issues everything works flawlessly.

Timing service done at 143k. Water pump thermostat etc etc.

Cats replaced... driveshaft has been replaced. Pretty much all the common stuff has been done but any questions feel free to ask.

Brand new hankook snows still on the car now and have a set of summer Yokohama tires in 255 55 18 I can include for full asking price.

Bad:

Little stuff any Touareg has like peeling buttons etc that a 10+ year old car would have.

I do have some noise coming from my front differential, fluids have been changed in front and rear and no real metal came out so I didn't panic about it. Now, I do have a used diff from a 2006 V8 that is in perfect shape. For peace of mind I can include this if we can negotiate as everyone knows what they go for even used.

Some rust on the passanger rear door, its coated and cleared w touch up, easy fix for someone I'm sure. Previous owner missed the VW corrosion window unfortunately.

Small exhaust leak, replaced driver side cat last fall and needs to be re torqued on the bolts. Hardly noticeable.

Other then that the car fires up and runs perfect. Two sets of keys, carpet and all weather mats etc etc. first owners took amazing care of the car as did my wife and I. Daily driven on a highway commute w zero issues. PO drove it down south several times per year so 95% highway miles. Burns absolutely no oil, etc. changed every 5k with Mobil 1 0w40 and Mann filter , no exceptions.

Too much maintenance to list. Any questions feel free to ask! I can send more pictures upon request. IMG_3820.jpg IMG_3816.jpg IMG_3817.jpg IMG_3815.jpg IMG_3814.jpg IMG_3828.jpg IMG_3829.jpg IMG_3826.jpg IMG_3822.jpg IMG_3832.jpg IMG_3821.jpg IMG_3823.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update, exhaust leak fixed today. Nuts may need one more tighten I think they loosen over time allowing a slight leak where the upper car meets the exhaust manifold. Good to go for now!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have two people coming to check out the Touareg this week, really want to sell to someone who knows and appreciates the car! Wife's new one is home so need to make room in the driveway. Open to reasonable offers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts