Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Treg V6.
I replaced the heater blower motor in March 2010. All worked fine. A couple of weeks ago, we drove the Treg, heater worked, parked and the next day, we go out to turn on the heat, and no blower. I went to the dealer, and they replaced the blower under warranty. Installed new blower, but no dice. Turn the controls to High and fan speed to high, and nothing. You can hear the recirculation intake opening for fresh air, and if you hit the Upper, Mid, or Feet switch, you can hear the various ducts opening/closing.

I have tested every fuse in both Driver and Passenger side dash fuse box. I even replaced them all just for kicks. If you set the temp to hi and the blower to high, as long as you are driving 40+ you get some hot air, but the blower is still not coming on. I can't find anyting regarding the blower relays anywhere. I did remove the blower resistor/regulator (blue) in-line just to the left of the blower. (between blower and console) Took it to the dealer and they said they'd never seen one go bad. (Anyone know how to test one?)

If you turn the blower to HI, it's supposed to bypass the blower resistor/regulator, but.. I still get no action from the blower. It's weird.. worked one day.. and didn't the next. I don't have any other tests for the climate control system, other than the fact that the various duct gates open and close when pressing the appropriate buttons.

The stealer will check it out, but they quoted between $100-$400 to start. I want to be triple-sure that I've checked everything before I go that route.

Any Ideas? Any suggestions are welcome, as we have a 4-year old who is terminally-ill (www.issysworld.com) and this is the only vehicle that her seat and equipment fit in for trips to the doctor/therapies/hospital. Hard to take her without heat.
Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The resistor is BTM - VW Part # 7L0907521. I did not replace it. Dealership says it's around $120.00.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
2004 Treg - Replaced Blower -blower still not working

2004 Treg V6.
I replaced the heater blower motor in March 2010. All worked fine. A couple of weeks ago, we drove the Treg, heater worked, parked and the next day, we go out to turn on the heat, and no blower. I went to the dealer, and they replaced the blower under warranty. Installed new blower, but no dice. Turn the controls to High and fan speed to high, and nothing. You can hear the recirculation intake opening for fresh air, and if you hit the Upper, Mid, or Feet switch, you can hear the various ducts opening/closing.

I have tested every fuse in both Driver and Passenger side dash fuse box. I even replaced them all just for kicks. If you set the temp to hi and the blower to high, as long as you are driving 40+ you get some hot air, but the blower is still not coming on. I can't find anyting regarding the blower relays anywhere. I did remove the blower resistor/regulator (blue) in-line just to the left of the blower. (between blower and console) Took it to the dealer and they said they'd never seen one go bad. (Anyone know how to test one?)

If you turn the blower to HI, it's supposed to bypass the blower resistor/regulator, but.. I still get no action from the blower. It's weird.. worked one day.. and didn't the next. I don't have any other tests for the climate control system, other than the fact that the various duct gates open and close when pressing the appropriate buttons.

The stealer will check it out, but they quoted between $100-$400 to start. I want to be triple-sure that I've checked everything before I go that route.

Blower resistor/regulator is VW Part# 7L0907521. Dealer says about $120.

Any Ideas? Any suggestions are welcome, as we have a 4-year old who is terminally-ill (www.issysworld.com) and this is the only vehicle that her seat and equipment fit in for trips to the doctor/therapies/hospital. Hard to take her without heat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just in Case any of you have this issue:
Next step is to troubleshoot power between Climatronic and Blower. First we'll test power to the input of the resistor, and then we'll test to ensure power on the output of the resistor. If no power at input for resistor, then back-trace wiriing to climatronic. If power at resistor input, but no power at resistor output, replace resistor. If power at both ends of resistor, check for power at blower plug. If no power, back-trace to resistor. If power, then a bigger issue is present and I'll elaborate later on that. Heading to the U Pull It junkyard to grab another resistor for cheap. The dealer has to special order the part at $120 +. I'll update the thread.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whew.. dealer wants 182.16. Found one salvage yard 3 states away that has 1 and they want 65.00 plus 15.00 shipping. What a shot in the dark.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts