Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
What you mean more base? Like a rumble?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how to explain :grin2: . I mean like the deep rumble sounding. What other mods can be done to the exhaust system except removing the cats and the rear muffler. Can an x-pipe give it more deep sound?. I read that 05 touareg comes with an H-pipe

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
909 Posts
I don't know how to explain :grin2: . I mean like the deep rumble sounding. What other mods can be done to the exhaust system except removing the cats and the rear muffler. Can an x-pipe give it more deep sound?. I read that 05 touareg comes with an H-pipe

What did you remove? Just the rear suitcase? Mine sounds like a boat with just the rear muffler delete.

You could remove the resonators, and the middle muffler...

·
Registered
86 Posts
05 v8

What did you remove? Just the rear suitcase? Mine sounds like a boat with just the rear muffler delete.

You could remove the resonators, and the middle muffler...

My touareg does not have a mid-muffler. I'm not the first owner so I don't if it came with it. Probably the original owner took them out.
Where is the resonator located at? Do you have a picture of it. There is confusion whether some touaregs have a resonator or not.
Where is the resonator located? I don't even know how they look. I only know about the flex pipe, the primary & secondary cats, and
the mid and rear muffler,

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
My touareg does not have a mid-muffler. I'm not the first owner so I don't if it came with it. Probably the original owner took them out.
Where is the resonator located at? Do you have a picture of it. There is confusion whether some touaregs have a resonator or not.
Where is the resonator located? I don't even know how they look. I only know about the flex pipe, the primary & secondary cats, and
the mid and rear muffler,
Based of feedback, VW decided that Americans hated the quiet mufflers. They introduced a "Sport Sound Performance Package" for the American Touareg Market that deleted the center resonator and modified the original factory muffler (removing some of the baffle plates inside) to give the exhaust more sound.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Based of feedback, VW decided that Americans hated the quiet mufflers. They introduced a "Sport Sound Performance Package" for the American Touareg Market that deleted the center resonator and modified the original factory muffler (removing some of the baffle plates inside) to give the exhaust more sound.

Oh ok. That makes sense. So the sport sound performance package is on which models? Did VW introduce the change starting in 2005 touareg v8? or from earlier 2004?

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Oh ok. That makes sense. So the sport sound performance package is on which models? Did VW introduce the change starting in 2005 touareg v8? or from earlier 2004?
It was a stand alone option. It is worth noting that it allowed VW to save money. VW put it on many (most?) of the North America production.

It was not on the 2004 period. It was on the 2006 models. I believe that the late 2005 models were the first to have it as an option.

·
Registered
2005 Touareg V8
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The Touareg in the video up there is my Touareg. Before I did muffler delete, the exhaust had a lot of bass to it. Whenever i started the car, you could hear the clean exhaust sound and you could tell the car was on when standing next to it without paying attention to it because of the exhaust note. NOTE: THE TOUAREG DID NOT HAVE CENTER MUFFLER. Fast forward, I sold the car and I bought another 2004 Touareg v8 and my brother bought a 2005 Touareg v8 too!. But his and mine are a lot quieter than the previous one, almost no bass in the exhaust sound We have been trying to figure out why that it and NOTE: THESE ALSO DON'T HAVE CENTER MUFFLER?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I wonder how the VR6 would sound with the same mod ! The big box needs replacing as the the previous owners did some bad exhaust tip welding job on it and I was looking into either replacing it with a clean secondhand one plus new tail tips or just deleting it altogether. I might test the delete first.

·
Registered
2005 Touareg V8
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Did you just straight pipe though it? My cats are currently bad and I really don’t want to replace them...

Yes its just a straight pipe in place of the cats. Here are couple of pictures. If you notice, the butterfly(red stuff) from the cats are still there, bolted in place. The muffler guy just cut the big round thing instead of unbolting everything from the flex pipe, and he put pipes all the way till pass the trans crossmember just a little bit

Attachments

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
909 Posts
Thanks for the pics! I have a similar set up, end muffler is deleted but I do have cats, they’re bad but they’re there .
I am trying to figure out what to do with them, so it’s a straight pipe through the secondary cat?

·
Registered
2005 Touareg V8
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thanks for the pics! I have a similar set up, end muffler is deleted but I do have cats, they’re bad but they’re there .
I am trying to figure out what to do with them, so it’s a straight pipe through the secondary cat?

If they are bad, it might be better to take them off. It cost me $100 to replaced mine with a straight pipe. Yeah a straight pipe in place of the secondary cats.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts