Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Touareg V8
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Since I got my 2004 Touareg V8, I always thought it was quiet and wanted to do something to make it louder. 2 and half years later now, I just took it to the shop and removed the rear big suitcase muffler and voila, the car sounds awesome. It is loud and guess what, whenever i see mustangs and camaros and dodge chargers and challengers in the street, i rev the car and they turn their heads:grin2::grin2: Everything else in the exhaust system is stock. Here is a link to the video

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Naughty!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Now I really like the sound. I have always thought that the factory muffler purr from the VW was too quiet.

I'm embarrassed that my wifes X5 has more V8 rumble than my 04 Touareg.

How about some pics?

Love it.

AiredUp

·
Registered
2005 Touareg V8
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It sounds really good. I don't know if its my mind or what, but i do think the car feels a bit lighter because they rear big suitcase muffler is really heavy. Here are some pics of what was done underneath.

Attachments

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
909 Posts
It sounds really good. I don't know if its my mind or what, but i do think the car feels a bit lighter because they rear big suitcase muffler is really heavy. Here are some pics of what was done underneath.

Trust me I’m the same way, it’s definitely lighter. I also felt some performance gains. That may be in my mind though haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the pics. That is pretty much what I was envisioning. Looks like you hung the pipes on the factory vibration mounts as well. Nice and clean.

I agree the suitcase is heavy, I had it off for the prop bearing repair. Took some muscle to get it back in.

I will put this on my growing list of things to fix/improve. Maybe a Fathers Day gift to myself.

AiredUp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
774 Posts
I was looking at this the other day when I was lying under my mine doing the carrier bearing.
R5 diesel though.
Would need some muffler.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Awesome! How's the noise level inside the cabin while cruising? (Is there any "drone" noise.)

I want to do this but maybe add two resonators to tone it down a little.

·
Registered
2005 Touareg V8
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome! How's the noise level inside the cabin while cruising? (Is there any "drone" noise.)

I want to do this but maybe add two resonators to tone it down a little.
The noise level is really good. I'm not bothered by it at all. The surprising thing it can be quiet when cruising and I really like that, especially on highway. Highway driving with is very exciting because you will want to be on the gas all the time because that noise is addictive. RIP MPG:grin2:

·
Registered
2005 Touareg V8
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am also keen to do similar. Do you think by doing this it would give an R5 model any power gains?
Not really because by removing the stock muffler, you are letting your exhaust system/engine breath better as there is a back pressure caused by the muffler. The muffler delete amplifies your exhaust tone and you might feel your is lighter because the suitcase muffler weights a lot. I don't think you might gain some power and but its a nice mod to have.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I removed the muffler and the "mid-line box-thing" from the exhaust on my V10 many years ago. I used an h-pipe configuration.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Anyone know why this touareg has more bass?. I did the same muffler delete on my Touareg and it sounds the same thing when I put both of them on the speakers except that this has more bass sound to it than mine. Anyone knows how to give more bass to the v8? I don't want raspy!

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
909 Posts
Anyone know why this touareg has more bass?. I did the same muffler delete on my Touareg and it sounds the same thing when I put both of them on the speakers except that this has more bass sound to it than mine. Anyone knows how to give more bass to the v8? I don't want raspy!

What you mean more base? Like a rumble?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Black 2004 V10
240 Posts
I removed the muffler and the "mid-line box-thing" from the exhaust on my V10 many years ago. I used an h-pipe configuration.
Hi did you notice an increase in noise, i have deleted the second cats and made the rear muffler straight through and it still sounds stock, i looked at the centre (box thing) and it is straight through so i left it. So i was interested if yours had a nice note or its louder.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts