Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to reset the dashboard alarm once the brake light bulb has been replaced ?

·
Dark Lord of the Sith
1,278 Posts
Hmmm...on my 05, when I have had a bulb out warning, once the bulb was replaced the warning went away. I have never had to reset anything on the dash.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm...on my 05, when I have had a bulb out warning, once the bulb was replaced the warning went away. I have never had to reset anything on the dash.
Very strange?
Well it wasn't working, bulb that is, have changed it so now works but error still on the dash ?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Was the replacement bulb the proper one for CAN BUS? If not, it will work, but you will still have a n error.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Replace the bulb and the warning light goes out - there is no resettting involved.

The dual filament bulb [4w/21w from memory] is not "CANBUS specific". As long as it draws the correct watts for each function any bulb with the correct offset locating pins is fine but do check those pins as I'm wondering if you have bought the correct fitting bulb.

·
Dark Lord of the Sith
1,278 Posts
I think I remember someone posting once that they had an issue with a brand new bulb, and they took it out and flipped it and then it registered fine...try that?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Yes, despite the pins, they managed to put the bulb in the wrong way round so the brake light filament worked instead of the side light filament and vice versa!

I always repalce bulbs in pairs anyway so I'd try a new pair in each of the rear outer light units.

I'd also have a look at the inner bulbs [the units in the tailgate] which usually need the same 4/21w bulb as the outer lights even though the inner light units are only side light and not side and brake.

If these show any sign of blackening on the glass of the bulb, change them too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
noobytoogy
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing