Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cranked the T1 too far with a low battery and it freaked out and no I have a "steering wheel defective" --what a bizarre phrase...btw and a no start. The battery is almost new, but the car was sitting almost a month in the cold, and I think it has a small parasitic drain...

So, No start, and I have seen a few post that say I need a scan tool to do it..."a cheap KKL cable" now do I also need a computer and buy VAG com is the cable just a necessary cable? or should I buy the Ross Tech tool? I am inclined to just get the thing running again. It is horrifying to me that the car goes into shut down mode because of cranking with a low battery.

Is there another way to reset the car? I tried using scan tool for 2014 VW gti, and it will not read, just looking for some help, I am new to VW's...

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, I would just like to thank everybody for the help. I erased the codes and started the car immediately. I did have to rent VCDS, but it was worth it to get her running. I was wondering if the cheaper option with the free VCDS and cheap ebay cable would have worked instead of renting the expensive enthusiast model, but it is rented and it worked, so thanks for the good advice...

· Registered
2010 TDI
561 Posts
The cheap ebay cable will get you no support from Ross Tech. It may or may not brick your entire vehicle. If you are going to keep the Touareg, spend $200 and get the real deal.

Out of curiosity, how much was the rental?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts