Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1: (high priority problem)
Engine oil i dripping under my car.Seems to be from the right side of the engine. Engine is running fine. Is there any common faults that can cause this?

I have a 2004 touareg with the 2.5 tdi engine.

2:
Also got sporadic message brake assis fault workshop, this appears sometimes right after start up and it deactivates the ABS brakes. If I restart the engine, the fault disapears. Common problem?

3:
Running gear workshop and symbol of air suspensions. Pops ut a couple of times every week. Air suspensions is workig fine. Anything to be concerned about?

·
Registered
374 Posts
number 2 happens on mine but not so often usually when its cold and sitting around, goes after a re start

on 3 you may have a leak, look for a thread on air suspension leak
Air suspension? Pro & Con's - myTreg forums

i clean my air valves off and cover in grease every 2 months especially in the nordics with all the salt on the roads during winter

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.. I'll try to apply some grease there. What type of grease are you using? And where is the valves located?
As a understand from reading other threads is that the fitting for the air hose on the damper have corrotion problems.
The right side front damper looks a lot newer than the left side, probably replaced by previous owner.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Any thick grease will do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts