Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i changed the bulb changed the wiring harness and still light doesnt work it comes on and off after a bump on road all connections are tight still get light on periodically i dont know what is going on please any advice

·
Registered
707 Posts
HID lights?

The insulation on the wires inside the housing have probably turned brittle and are creating a short when you hit bumps. Wires are way undersized. You may be able to rewire or use liquid electric tape.

If so, As I tell others. File a complaint with the NHTSB. This is clearly a safety defect which should warrant a recall.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HID lights?

The insulation on the wires inside the housing have probably turned brittle and are creating a short when you hit bumps. Wires are way undersized. You may be able to rewire or use liquid electric tape.

If so, As I tell others. File a complaint with the NHTSB. This is clearly a safety defect which should warrant a recall.
Same here, if you take the light out and turn it with glass to the bottom, you will see pieces of insulation.... Recall will work with original owners and in Europe or NAm. I am buying aftermarket lights (probably China) and replacing them....
P.S. will try to open the old ones and insulate with shrink tubing.....😁

1 - 3 of 3 Posts