Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. The other day i noticed that the coolant warning light came on my 2004 Touareg 3.2 V6. On looking around the vehicle there was a puddle of water underneath. I have removed the undertray and had a look and it seems the coolant is leaking from the thermotat housing at the rear of the engine. Has anyone any idea if this can be replaced with the engine in situe as reading a few posts from a google search it appears the engine needs to be lowered down :anger: . Any help really appreciated as usual.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thought i would update the thread as its always nice for people searching the same style problems.

Turned out to be a leak from the blanking plug in the thermostat housing, was a £4 part although it was a pain to change. All now sorted :D A shame my fuel pumps packed in a week later :mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Thanks for the update. All too often people don't bother!

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Old Thread revival. Here is what that thing is (2004 V6 3.2). It's right beside the coolant temperature sensor. You can see traces of coolant on it.You have full access to the temperature sensor if you remove the intake. But that is another story. I'm in the midst of a tiny water leak diagnosis journey so I thought I'd add pics and info to all relevant threads over here :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts