Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just did the volt regulator on the toe rags alternator
Thought I'd share some part numbers
Alternator VW number - 021 903 026 B
Bosch part number - 0 124 615 026
Bosch volt regulator part number - F00M145261
Only place. Repco autobarn and bursons were no help for listings of the alternator or regulator on their computers. Cool drive had a listing for the complete unit who repco and maybe the other two buy parts from.
Ashdown ingram had the listing for the regulator and over nighted it for me from one of there other branch's for $125 AUD

Just thought I'd share cause I'm pretty chuffed with myself :)

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Nice work!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Do you have to remove the alternator to replace brushes/regulator? I tried to remove the nuts & unclip the plastic cover but got scared when it looked like i was going to snap something.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I took it completely off. But belt is easy. There is 3 Allan key bolts holding the belt tensioner on. Take one out and you'll see on the tensioner there is a thread to put a bolt in to back the tension off. Once that's off I didn't take the belt completely off as I didn't know if belt was directional or not. And just undid the bolts holding the alternator off and brought it out under the radiator hose. Didn't disconnect battery or anything. Just wrapped tape round the main power cable on it. Currently ordering pizza and zoned out a few times while writing this. Hope makes sense.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah I took it completely off. But belt is easy. There is 3 Allan key bolts holding the belt tensioner on. Take one out and you'll see on the tensioner there is a thread to put a bolt in to back the tension off. Once that's off I didn't take the belt completely off as I didn't know if belt was directional or not. And just undid the bolts holding the alternator off and brought it out under the radiator hose. Didn't disconnect battery or anything. Just wrapped tape round the main power cable on it. Currently ordering pizza and zoned out a few times while writing this. Hope makes sense.
Thanks for the practical advice. I hope you ordered some Coke with the pizza so you don't zone out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts