Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I have a 2003 VW Touareg V8 and i have the 30 second stall issue attributed to passenger fuel pump. Currently I have disabled 404 relay to disable secondary (passenger) fuel pump to temporarily eliminate the Issue.

So.. Will a 2004 VW Touareg fuel pump fit a 2003, as no one has any idea, all of the suppliers I have spoken with, including outside of Australia can only confirm 2004 and above not 2003.

Does anyone have any 100% confirmation on this without assuming?

As parts in USA are passenger and for gas cars but the specific supplier i dealt with on that occasion had no clue and also different interpretations of the word gas.

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also so it looks like 2003 will fit, it's just suppliers will commonly only mention 2004 - 2007. BUT I know it's the secondary fuel pump, which in AUS is the left fuel pump, is this true for left hand drive vehicles or would it be opposing?

Any definitive answers would be great :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
2005 Touareg - 3.2L BMX
578 Posts
Also so it looks like 2003 will fit, it's just suppliers will commonly only mention 2004 - 2007. BUT I know it's the secondary fuel pump, which in AUS is the left fuel pump, is this true for left hand drive vehicles or would it be opposing?

Any definitive answers would be great :)

Cheers!
In a USA vehicle steering on right side (facing vehicle from front) the priming pump is behind the driver seat in the primary side of the fuel tank (larger size) of fuel tank. The pump behind the passenger is in the secondary side of the fuel tank ( smaller size). The fuel tank is a funky almost "U" shape. Not certain if the tank is opposite hand in non USA vehicles. Best bet is to open up and look at the pump hose connections. They are not the same. Both have two lines directly from the pump but on my passenger there is a line that comes out of the pump casing housing that splits into a "Y" with an inline connector to a line going to the other side. The priming pump has another hose that goes to the other side and connects to the pressure regulator. My bet the side with the fuel filter is the priming pump and the side with the pressure regulator flange is the pump that runs the car after 30 seconds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts