Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all having a problem with my touareg i just brought
The story of the car

Car has been sitting in a workshop for around 2 years waiting for the work to be done garage is closed so i brought the car so the problems are mine now

1:- First thing the battery was dead as you would expect after 2 years so changed the battery

2:- Garage lost the key so had to use the spare

3:- Car only has basic electrical items working side lights, interior lighting, central locking off the door (not key)

4:- When you put the key in the ignition you get a immobilizer activated on the dashboard but no secondary power

5:- Had a key doctor in to read the car but cannot do it as it needs power to the ignition

6:- There is no steering lock wheel turns even without key in the ignition

Read through loads of searches on google but can't find exactly the problem any body on here who can help me please
Thanks
David

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Get VCDS
Ross-tech.com

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
Agree you need a VCDS. COuld be that your kessy has failed on the vehicle or that its missing.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Broaden your audience and post on the UK site too: www.mytreg.com [more R5 owners there too as that model never went to the US!]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all want connect to a reader as it got no power will try the other site as well only info i found was this site not the uk one Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
The manual says the code warning means a valid key is not being recognized by vehicle and vehicle cannot be used. Dealer says that the programming has been lost by the vehicle so keys aren't working at present. I have three keys, all have new batteries and none will unlock the car. Had to manually unlock on driver's door. When key inserted into ignition, can won't start because of immobile activated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts