Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have now been the owner of a 2013 TDI sport w/nav and just got my car back from the 40k service, 41,000 on the car actually now. J

Cost of 40k Service - $548 - Was actually expecting it to be more since I took it to the dealer, probably will be the last time I take it there for service, but wanted to make sure if anything was wrong to get it fixed under warranty there. But dealer only reset Service interval and not inspection interval, so now I have to take it back to get that reset....not happy

Issues with car - I can't say I have any major issues with this car, my only regret I think is getting black...wish I had gone silver

Here are some annoyances:
-Occassional vibrations from music on front door speaker panels (next to door handle) annoy me sometimes, I can usually get them to stop, but if anyone has a quick fix let me know
-Piano black trim is scratched/swirled and I take pretty good care of my car, the rest of the interior has held up great and looks almost new
-Rear windshield fluid drip stain below rear windshield (!!!!!!) This makes me mad. The fluid builds up right below the winshield and has eaten at the paint and stained it. I now actually take a look at this spot on other Tregs when I see them parked and almost all have the same stain....really wish there was something more I could do than replace the fluid with water.

Other than that, I'm thinking about getting my car paint corrected and detailed, driving more now so will probably put closer to 30k a year on it. Hoping to keep it 2-3 more years and sell at around 100-120k miles.

·
Registered
969 Posts
posts here on CT discuss how to fix the leakage from the rear window washer...some folks retrofitted with parts from a minicooper I believe

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Yup, a MINI washer jet does the job.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Can I get details on that re-fit for rear washer leak please. Did a search and nothing came back. Thanks

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Huh? Sounds like the check valves in the hose is leaking which means the fluid dribbles out and causes a stain. Should have been fixed by the dealer. It should not leak fluid out the jet.
Good idea about the Mini check valve. Will keep that in my list of possible bits for cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts