Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about doing a custom exhaust for my t3. The 3.0 TDI sounds absolutely fabulous with a straight pipe, but I was wondering if I could get away with leaving the majority of the exhaust system stock, and putting a cutout on a catless downpipe.

In other words, my plans are to install a catless downpipe, on which I will weld in a cutout. I will try to run a straight pipe off the cutout out back to where I will have removed the suitcase and installed a set of quad tips (simply for a better look and I know the massive muffler does almost nothing.) The stock exhaust with all of the Adblue and DPF will be run to the outer tips, and the cutout will be run to the inner tips. This way I can maintain the quiet start but also be loud when I want to be.

My question is if anyone has any experience with this and will my ecu freak out, throw a bunch of codes and put me into limp mode whenever I open the cutouts and bypass all of the emissions devices?

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Uhh yeah you cannot just delete your catalytic converter... Definitely not going to work. You would have to have that tuned out. You definitely cannot just bypass the emissions devices

Reactions: Mike in Anchorage

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Because they sound awesome, what I’ll likely do is make my own straight pipe and get a Malone stage 2, then I’ll just use flowmasters.
They would sound more awesome if they weren't slower than ****. Nothing worse than a slow noise box 👎

·
Registered
4,968 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
OP, please don't come to Australia. Noisy exhausts are very annoying.

• Helpful
Reactions: SaVAGeSoot
1 - 9 of 9 Posts