Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here bought parts online using 1stVWParts.com in the past?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,640 Posts
I have used them in the past and have been quite happy with them. Shipping was fast, but I was also living in UT a the time and they are in OR, I think. I have not used them lately for I have not needed anything. Others on the forum have used them as well.

·
Dark Lord of the Sith
1,278 Posts
I just used them a couple weeks ago to get my rear hatch struts. They did a great job and I got the struts 3 or 4 days after they shipped. Since I live halfway across the country and they came UPS ground it wasn't bad. My local dealer only sells parts at list price, so even with the shipping, still alot cheaper than I could get here.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I have used them, they are great. They are the web division of Auburn VW (Seattle, WA area).

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, I'll be ordering some things from them.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have used them. Bought headlight washer cover. Shipped very fast. No problems at all. Thinking about calling them to buy radio antenna clip ONLY. See if they carry it without buying the whole antenna.

·
My God,it's full of stars
5,765 Posts
I've used them but alas they only ship via UPS ground so I try and find somewhere else to buy as the cost of shipping v ia UPS is a rip off. Prices for the the parts are reasonable.

siberian

·
Banned
7,167 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
NorthVan when you used them, did they ship straight to Canada or did you have to use a mailbox service like nltomba offers?
If they did ship straight to Canada, did they use UPS, FedEX or USPS/Canada Post?
I gave them my Fedex number in the past, not sure if there policy has changed. I had issues with one US parts supplier for my Porsche that blamed the credit card companies.

Phone them and ask.

·
Banned
7,167 Posts
I gave them my Fedex number in the past, not sure if there policy has changed. I had issues with one US parts supplier for my Porsche that blamed the credit card companies.

Phone them and ask.
I did 5 months ago, and the rep said no shipment to Canada using my own FedEx. I of course with no hesitation walked away, there are plenty of others who compete fiercely in this day and age of brittle economics. I was asking you, just in case I ended up talking to someone on the phone who wasn't aware..Inconsistent phone reps not all being on the same page, in various companies, giving different answers seems to be common place today.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Doesn't surprise me, some companies have changed the way they do things. I ship to my address in Blaine, WA and pick it up.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just a heads up for those of you subscribed to this thread. I am organizing suppliers for VW, Audi and Porsche parts for an e-commerce store that will allow for distribution based within Canada. This is why I was poking around to being with. ClubTouareg members will get to look forward to a discount on the new store. I've contacted a mod on ClubTouareg to become a commercial member on this forum but haven't received an answer yet so if a mod sees this post in the meantime please send me a PM.

Thanks

Attachments

·
5,765 Posts
Josh, are you planning on also shipping to the US?

Also you might consider the name VWTechHaus as I believe you mean VW Tech Home in German.

siberian

·
Banned
7,167 Posts

·
NYFAIM - What's it mean?
530 Posts
I've had MUCH great success buying parts from 1stvwparts.com/Auburn Volkswagen in Auburn, WA - both online and in person - over the years.

Used to live in Maple Valley, WA and Auburn VW was my closest VW Dealer for OEM parts. Did lots of biz over the parts counter over the years.

Since moving from WA I still buy parts from them online. 1stvwparts.com online parts guru Allison Charbonneau is a VW parts whiz!

Always a quick ship and when parts have to be ordered they arrive their parts store quick from SoCal and hit the Brown Truck the next day.

I rarely find a better online price. If you do find a better price, 1stvwparts.com will normally match it.

Can highly recommend.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, Josh. If you're doing the German name thing, you need a second 'h' in there.
Thanks Siberian and Copaz. I was trying to play with the spelling a bit, but when running "VWTechaus" vs. "VWTechHaus" through a German speech synthesizer I can see what you mean. VWTechHaus.com is now the new registered domain, I will just have to change the legal paperwork. I appreciate the input.

Siberian, I should be able to ship to the US without incurring duty charges as orders can be dispatched from the USA in most cases. This is a high priority on my end to prevent duty charges for customers on either side of the Canadian-American border.

Volkswagendude, Hope to be able to serve you in the future and ClubTouareg members will receive the best pricing that I'm able to provide.

The storefront is closed on the website at the moment so that 'sandbox' testing can be done to ensure a smooth launch.

Thanks for the input from everyone; I'll give an update to ClubTouareg at launch.

·
5,765 Posts
Josh, as long as the item is made in the US, Canada or Mexico it should benefit from NAFTA (I just bought a 28 foot trailer in BC this past summer and imported it with no problem or duty).

T-shirts, coffee mugs etc. should be offered to the first customers/contributors :)

Good luck and keep us posted.

siberian

PS Hey Copaz, long time wassup?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts