Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a '14 TDI R-Line and am looking for feedback on fuel stations who have the best diesel. I live in the Milwaukee area and travel to MN and the UP often. Kwik Trips are prevalent. Do they have good quality diesel or should I use other chains? I'm a believer in sticking with one companies fuel for consistency as much as possible and want to make sure I choose wisely!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hello there,
I am new to diesel ownership as well am also looking to know which is better. I have been using "Holiday" and "Little Store" stations mainly. It just depends on where I decide to stop.
I have also stopped at a few "Super Americas" as well. But again, still not sure which is better.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Just bought a '14 TDI R-Line and am looking for feedback on fuel stations who have the best diesel. I live in the Milwaukee area and travel to MN and the UP often. Kwik Trips are prevalent. Do they have good quality diesel or should I use other chains? I'm a believer in sticking with one companies fuel for consistency as much as possible and want to make sure I choose wisely!
Brikor,

If it wouldn’t be talked about many times on this forum, I would reply to you with my subjective recommendations right away. Use forum search and you’ll find threads taking about diesel prices/quality, etc.
Since I am already replying to your post, here are my choices in order of preference:

1. BP Premium Amoco grade diesel
2. Greenway/CENEX RoadMaster XL Premium diesel
3. Holiday regular diesel (add appropriate season's Power Service (PS) additive or other diesel additive of your choice) – my dealer gave me a 5c/gal Holiday discount card and this helps justify buying PS.
4. I do not believe there is a big difference between regular diesel fuels in MN. Thus quality of station service is a main fuel station selection factor for me.

Here is link to one of old threads on the CT:
http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f49/annual-diesel-ripoff-65304-4.html

Here are some additional links to TDI Club forum items:
Kwik Trip Winter Diesel only good to -25F - TDIClub Forums
Milwaukee, WI - Premium Diesel - Page 2 - TDIClub Forums
Best fuel in town, Minneapolis area? - TDIClub Forums
Heading to Minneapolis - where to fill up? - TDIClub Forums

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply's. I appreciate the links,etc. I did find a lot of posts but it's good the get advice from "locals".

Just did a trip from Milwaukee to Green Bay to McGregor, MN and back to Milwaukee this past week. Love the Treg! Averaged about 27mpg.

Regards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts