Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 19's on my Touareg and it came with 'Summer' tires (Pirelli PZero 275/45 ZR19) and they are atrocious in the snow!

I have tried to find 19" snow tires....no luck

I have tried to find 18" wheel/snow tire package...(tirerack is a no go) and all I can come up with is a set of Cayenne wheels and tires for $2500 from my local dealer. Man....what a stinger! @#$%##@!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Instead of trying to get snow tires for your 19's, why dont you get regular all seasons....with the X-motion and 4 season tires Im sure it will do well. I also have the 19's with summer performance, but I am down here in Florida. I plan on making a trip to Boston next month.....Let me know what you finally do.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Uncle Bob said:
I have 19's on my Touareg and it came with 'Summer' tires (Pirelli PZero 275/45 ZR19) and they are atrocious in the snow!

I have tried to find 19" snow tires....no luck

I have tried to find 18" wheel/snow tire package...(tirerack is a no go) and all I can come up with is a set of Cayenne wheels and tires for $2500 from my local dealer. Man....what a stinger! @#$%##@!
I bought my 18" Karthoums through the dealer with Blizzak LM-22 and TPMS for $2400. They didn't really know how much to charge me, so they just made it up. They also didn't disclose that the wheels wouldn't have TPMS on them when I bought them. That is why they had to include the TPMS for the same price. I guess I got lucky on that.

I guess that makes up for only getting minimal $ off the MSRP.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Pirelli 255/55/19 Scorpion Zeros from Tire Rack

I just put 255/55/19 Pirelli Scorpion Zeros on my TReg. They fit just fine and still look great! Only ones I could find in a 19 that might work in all seasons. I love my TReg and am being very patient with the repairs. Dealer seems to be well informed about all issues. Thank the Lord! :giggle:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Rossos vs Scorpions

I had 16000 miles on my T-Reg and the Rossos were almost to the wear marks. I dont feel any difference in the handling. The Scorpion Zeros are "V" rated, so unless you are doing some pretty serious driving with your T-Reg I dont think it will make much of a difference. The ride is much more comfortable with the new tires and suspension in AUTO mode. Not as harsh as before. I feel much more comfortable with the Scorpions simply because they are pretty good all season and have a higher side wall profile with no real compromise in performance. I definitely would recommend them for anyone that wants an all season alternative to the Rossos and still wants their 19" wheels.

P.S. Got them from Tire Rack for $860 with road hazard protection.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Old Picture

Picture was taken before I changed tires. I actually have 3 of the Rossos left. My wife hit a curb :censored: and put a hole in the sidewall of one. But two of them wore really bad (didnt pursue the tire replacement because of alignment thing) and I wanted a better all season option. Took my Reg in today for a blinking compass, and one of the keys needed to be recoded. Now Im in a Dodge Stratus rental :-$ ........Almost forgot how cheap Dodges were.

·
Registered
5 Posts
REPLY TO CHRIS AND HEFF YOU KNOW HOW I DO.

Yo Chris, I still have my pirellis on the 19's. But I might switch over the the scorpion zeros when these wear out.

Those 21's your kickin are sweet. Looking forward to checking them out in Oct. I'm itching for some bigger rims, but I think I'm gonna hold off.

HEFF. You have the Atheno rims, correct? and 255/55/19 fits fine, what are the drawbacks, if any?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Draw backs of 19"s

I like the rims. With the air susp all the way up I think they actually look small. The only draw back is the choice of tire sizes in 19". I looked all over for a good replacement and ended up going with Pirellis again. I love the Scorpions by the way. I would recommend that if you were going to buy new tires then get the rims at the same time. Right now there arent many 19" rims on the market either. So if you buy the 19" now and later decide to get new rims you will be stuck with very little options. Oh yeah, then there is the issue of TPMS use too. I dont know how much the sensors are but Im sure they cost quite a bit.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Tires fit fine

The 255/55s fit just fine. No rubbing at all. No matter the height of the vehicle either. If you look at the tire from the outside you can see a bolt and nut that hold part of the upper suspension arm. I was worried it would rub against it, but, there is plenty of clearance. I originally tried 285/55.......yeah right, not even close. They fit and ride great!!! I really wanted a higher side wall profile. I like to go off road occassionaly, just trail stuff with the T-Reg though. :drunk:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.