Club Touareg Forum banner

18" Manhattan wheels fit 2014 TDI R-line?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  VWBob 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a set of winter wheels for my new-to-me Touareg. OE wheels are 20" Mallorys. Searches come up with conflicting info. Has anybody successfully gone this way?

#2 ·
VW 17" wheels will fit over the brake disk/caliper on most Touaregs, but not the R50 - the gap between rim and caliper might get stones trapped and score the inside of the rim - aftermarket 17" rims would need a trial fit - I use VW Tangis 17" rims for my winter tyres which are fine - I've seen posted that there's a better choice of tyres in 18" than 17".

#4 ·
As above both 17s and 18s fit your car.

#5 ·
Thanks VWBob. What kind of tires did you go with? When you say 'narrow', what tire size did you get? I'm aware that snows should be narrow-er than 'summer' tires so they don't ride up on snow, but instead bite down through.....

#6 ·
Thanks Noobytoogy. So do I understand correctly that wheels orginal to '04-'06 Treg (T2?) are good-to-go for my T3? Lug pattern/spacing....offset, etc. Just want to be sure before I plunk down coin and drive two hours each way ;-)

#7 ·
Yes. Years 2004 to 2006 is the T1 by the way!

The overall wheel and tire/tyre diameter for all Touaregs ever made is 29 inches, give or take a fraction.

All Touaregs [except the R5 which was never sent to North America] take 5x130 PCD.

The OEM tire size for 17 inch wheels is 235/65/17 with 108XL loading or 255/60/17 106 loading.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.