Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently purchased a 2017 Wolfsburg Edition that has a random chirp / tick that seems to be coming from just behind the front seats. It's definitely electronic and is usually 2 or 3 chirps. It's occasionally just one, but never more than three. It's completely unpredictable. The only time it occurred more than a few times in a short period was when we were parked on a steep driveway. Otherwise it can happen whenever or not at all.

Anyone else experiencing this, or know what it is?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I hear this every once in a while and also have wondered what it is. I was thinking it's coming from the center console area but have never had a chance to listen closely as it's completely unpredictable as you said. It sort of sounds mechanical to me, like it's something that spins a few times then stops.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have that on my 2015 Touareg Execline. The dealer told me it was the keyless system hunting for the key periodically, and that "they all do that". I don't think they "all" do it because I never heard it on my demo drive in a similar T-Reg.

Easy way to see if it is the same issue is to start the car and have someone walk away from the car with the key. The chirping will happen and continue until they key is back inside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.