Club Touareg Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So an existing member can PM me but I can't answer back until I have 15 posts. Therefore I have to make 6, 5 after this one, useless posts, just so I can PM him back. SHEESH!:frown2:

·
Registered
43 Posts
This where I reply with a snappy comeback. And then you respond, and bingo! you're down to 4

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Bugger - I thought you wouldn't last the course!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bugger - I thought you wouldn't last the course!!
Nooby, I'm persistent, if nothing else. See another post. Look out, before you know it I'll be at 100 posts and then you have to throw me a party.:laugh:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
there is a post minimum in order to PM. totally news to me guess I need to get in on this.
It is understood when the limit established to send PMs, thus to be protected from spammers. But some forums set a limit to access your private box. So, they bombard your mailbox (once you registered) with their own PMs (of welcoming and organizational matters), however you cannot read them. Funny.

·
Administrator
535 Posts
It is understood when the limit established to send PMs, thus to be protected from spammers. But some forums set a limit to access your private box. So, they bombard your mailbox (once you registered) with their own PMs (of welcoming and organizational matters), however you cannot read them. Funny.
Its an unfortunate side effect of this. We needed the security due to repeated spam PM attacks on the site. Its a small price to pay I guess.
-Philip

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Today at least two of us have received private messages with links to amazon sales from someone who has no posts on here at all. The guy may be genuine, but then again he may not . . .

The same issue applies over on www.mytreg.com and there it has already been reported.

Franco Waters

Aftermarket toureg
Nooby, sorry to bug you, but i been reading alot if ur comments here thanks for the advice its saved me alot of money.

I have a question, im trying buy a set of rims for my 08 Touareg v8.

https://www.amazon.com/Touren-Black-...TBL&ref=plSrch

i hope u can open the link, they say its 5x130 bolt patern, its a good price im hoping to get some A/T grabblers on.

my question is do you recommend this ?

im towing my ‘13 A6 with it from time to time and some times long distance.

thanks,

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Its an unfortunate side effect of this. We needed the security due to repeated spam PM attacks on the site. Its a small price to pay I guess.
-Philip
No problem, Sir. That's OK. I fully stand for this. Just let me add my voice to those members' chorus who kindly asking you to concentrate on a "search forum" bug.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just figured out the 15 post rule.
couldn't understand why i wasn't getting any replies...thought maybe no one liked me!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Thanks, the search issue has been reported and our tech team is looking into it. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Niall

Reported only half a year ago . . . . . . . . .

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Youll have a good time trying to match Noobster on posts per day.....

Nooby, I'm persistent, if nothing else. See another post. Look out, before you know it I'll be at 100 posts and then you have to throw me a party.:laugh:

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
p.s how do I post pictures on the forum?...looking for the instructions
Go to Advanced.

You should then see the section on attachments.

However on my "view" on this Android phone as I type this reply I see lower down the page that there is a blue box MANAGE ATACHMENTS.

·
Administrator
535 Posts
Go to Advanced.

You should then see the section on attachments.

However on my "view" on this Android phone as I type this reply I see lower down the page that there is a blue box MANAGE ATACHMENTS.
Noobytoogy is correct. You can use the paperclip icon within the post (Attachment Manager) or the Manage Attachments button underneath the posts. They both operate the same.

- JB

·
Registered
15 Posts
Guess this is a good place to post one of my required posts to reply to a PM. The limit used to be 5 (went through this last year) and was surprised to see it's now 15. Good grief.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.