Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...or how to free up space in your garage.
Alas the V10 has gone, together with it's little stablemate. So - 14 cylinders have made room for just 6.
No longer a need for 2 cars & associated costs, plus the reliability of 6 years warranty and roadside assist.
Also, heaven forbid, if the car is written off during the first 10 years, we get a New one. Dub

Attachments

Reactions: denod1958

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nice!! is that a Hema Navigator atop your dash?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Oh no:surprise:! Whilst I can understand the economics behind the decision for the move to one vehicle but that V10 of yours was one of the nicest running around Oz.
The new one looks a bit too flash to be running around in dust and corrugations of the outback, not to mention fuel consumption under 20l/100 whilst towing, I guess you will get used to that real quick.
Congrats to you and Helen, hope you are happy with your new treg and I know you will sleep better knowing you have 6 years of warranty to fall back on if needed, enjoy!

TonyB

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yes, Well when I got around to reading my "New for Old" policy in the fine print it states up to a maximum of $40000. Not much bloody good!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, Well when I got around to reading my "New for Old" policy in the fine print it states up to a maximum of $40000. Not much bloody good!
i'm guessing Tim you are with a different insurance company. Ours is full replacement. (Suncorp).

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice!! is that a Hema Navigator atop your dash?
G'day Matt - nah, 'tis the screen for the camera mounted on the rear of our caravan (Sunland Patriot). Could have been wired into the existing screen at greater cost and it may limit the usefulness of the RNS580. Cheers, Dub

·
Registered
602 Posts
Mmmmmm, new car smell. Congrats guys!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Well, when are you coming over to show the new toy off, huh? You said it would be a kupla daiz b4 you took delivery. John

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Cracking deal on replacement. Never heard of new for old for a 10 year term!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cracking deal on replacement. Never heard of new for old for a 10 year term!
Hi Noobs, yes, surprised us too.
Car must be new or a demonstrator, covers the original purchaser only. Cream was it was significantly cheaper than the 2 quotes provided by the dealer. Dub

·
Registered
103 Posts
Very nice guys, congrats. Did the dealer fit the rear view screen, CB etc?

·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
5,983 Posts
Looks nice in silver, congrats!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice guys, congrats. Did the dealer fit the rear view screen, CB etc?
Hi ****, yes all towing electrics plus the UHF and caravan camera screen relocation were agreed to as part of the 'negotiated' deal.
Car was a demo - 1200 klms = $13K discount. Ads work for me.
Also as it was a 'demo clearance sale' we got an extra $2K on the trades, plus the factory warranty went from 3 to 4 years, plus the 'upmarket' Alliance/VW extended warranty (additional 2 years) valued at $2495 we ended up with at no cost.
Cheers, Dubby

Reactions: GazzaK

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wow sounds like a great deal and 6 years of warranty certainly gives you peace of mind. Can't wait for the banter over the UHF on the next GTG between the 6s and the 10s lol.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Wow sounds like a great deal and 6 years of warranty certainly gives you peace of mind. Can't wait for the banter over the UHF on the next GTG between the 6s and the 10s lol.
Lol. Looking fwd to Singh, Dragline and Schootsie giving him a hard time!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, OK, I'll cop it sweet. All my previous carry on about ' 4 missing cylinders' !
I'm off to Beefy's to see if they make 'humble' pies.
Cheers y'all. Dub

Reactions: Coight57

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,606 Posts
10 years replacement...even tho' you weren't the first registered owner of the vehicle? Are you sure?

If so...that is unbelievable. I'm off to check Suncorp's PDS (and maybe look at a new car )

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
10 years replacement...even tho' you weren't the first registered owner of the vehicle? Are you sure?

If so...that is unbelievable. I'm off to check Suncorp's PDS (and maybe look at a new car )
Steve, as per 'post 10' only for the original purchaser of new or demo vehicles. Dub

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,606 Posts
Steve, as per 'post 10' only for the original purchaser of new or demo vehicles. Dub
Cheers Dubby,

We went over there PDs/insurance details here at work, this morning, and the various packages offered. Whilst I do not want to argue about a policy I can't see, you might appear to have been very lucky that they are providing this, as their "subject to......" conditions etc would indicate to us, that you have to be the first registered owner. If a demo, it is expected that the dealership has paid a 6 month (or similar) rego for the vehicle, thereby negating any entitlement for the first owner to claim the new for old.

Again...I'm not here to argue, just that I found it somewhat unusual that such a benefit would still be applicable for an ex-demonstrator vehicle. Win win for you mate. :grin2:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts