Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suspect my heater control valve is bad. No heat all of a sudden. No overheating or leaking. No antifreeze smell. My question: Where is the valve located ?? Is it under the passenger side dash or under hood? Please help!!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Use the search function and look at the service manual that others have supplied.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Suspect my heater control valve is bad. No heat all of a sudden. No overheating or leaking. No antifreeze smell. My question: Where is the valve located ?? Is it under the passenger side dash or under hood? Please help!!
I also have the same problem. Did you find where it is? So I have to replace it...

·
Registered
705 Posts
The magnetic valve thats in the front left wheel well controls the flow of hot engine coolant to the heater core. It's either fully opened or closed, it is not PWM. You could check HVAC -08 with VCDS for codes. After running the engine for 5-10 minutes, you should be able to feel all 4 pipes are hot/warm. If the lower 2 are hot and the upper 2 are cold, then the valve is closed. If all 4 pipes are warm, your issue lies with either a stuck blend door, or plugged heater core.

Reactions: 2012Touareg888

·
Registered
3 Posts
The magnetic valve thats in the front left wheel well controls the flow of hot engine coolant to the heater core. It's either fully opened or closed, it is not PWM. You could check HVAC -08 with VCDS for codes. After running the engine for 5-10 minutes, you should be able to feel all 4 pipes are hot/warm. If the lower 2 are hot and the upper 2 are cold, then the valve is closed. If all 4 pipes are warm, your issue lies with either a stuck blend door, or plugged heater core.
thanks a lot

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is what I found on the forum. This pic appears to show the drivers side wheel well for the N82 valve. Still looking for other posts.
In this location I have auxiliary heater. Treg 2013 3.0 tdi.
I'm searching for location of N82 valve.... But no luck

·
Registered
705 Posts
What do I have to remove to view and access the N82 valve on my 14’ TDI ?
Remove the front left tire and at least the rear portion of the fender liner.

Reactions: 2012Touareg888

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ok 2011 TDI no Hvac codes and no heat. I replaced the N82 with a straight piece of 3/4" heater hose 10" long and now I have heat. I checked the function of the valve with 12V and the valve seems to function correctly. I applied the voltage and the valve opens and I reverse the polarity and the valve closes. With the test pipe in I now have a code thrown in the Hvac system stating open circuit. So the valve seems to be operating correctly.

The A/C controls the coolant shut-off valve -N82- only at certain settings (for example, when "OFF is selected or when maximum cooling is required). The engine RPM must be below 5000 and the coolant temperature must be below 95 °C (203 °F).Shutting off the coolant circuit to the A/C heat exchanger accelerates the engine warming up when the coolant is cold. The coolant shut-off valve -N82- is open without activation. For the electrical function of the valve to be able to be checked, activation occurs at certain intervals (e.g. brief activation lasting approximately 1 second at every twentieth engine start.

So I may have a possible head unit failure but need a more detailed trouble shooting procedure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts