Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loaned my trailer to a friend, and he didn't attach the trailer properly to the tow ball => the electrical socket was ripped off...

He repaired the plug and with his Jeep Grand Cherokee, all the functions work, lights, brake lights etc, incl. permanent power to aux lights. But when I hooked up the trailer to my T-Reg, the permanent power is gone. All other lights and turn signals work, but no power to the additional lights (pin 9).

When I tried to search for trailer related fuses, I get only "Trailer Module" fuses here and there... Does anybody know, if that permanent power has a fuse somewhere in the car...?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, what do you know... Fuses are all OK. I disassembled the plug (the one my friend re-attached...). He had connected the additional power to pin 10, which is "ignition on" - pin. Neither T-reg nor my BMW have any power in that pin. When I changed the wire to pin 9 (constant power), everything works.

The weirdest is that the Jeep powers different pins than T-Reg. Shouldn't there be a some kind of a standard...?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
TurboABA
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing