Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My socket has been working no problem until this morning. One of the two sockets is not working....

I checked every fuse on both the left and right side of the vehicle with a light pen, and all fuses are working no problem.

I find it bizarre that only ONE of the two isn't working? The one closer to the cup holders is non functional. I looked inside, nothing causing a short, and cleaned it out with compressed air.

Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Is it possible the wire to the socket fell off or is broken? Spockcat's website has a detailed instruction on how to take the console apart. Do that and you able to get at that wire and test it for voltage/breaks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I just pulled the console apart, and what I did was swapped the two harnesses with each other to see if the socket itself was defective- not the case as it started working, but the other isn't. So this is indicative of no power coming from the car. The sockets are fine!

Are these fused seperately by any chance? Stumped as to how to diagnose further!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes, 3 separate fuses for the 12v sockets in the 2010 models. Front, middle, & rear if I remember correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts