Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2011 TDI Lux
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
My CJAA was taken from me at a young age, so don't throw salt into the wound :cry:
To me, your readings make sense now, as the downstream sensor is reading lower than the upstream one... so the DEF injector and cat are doing things to reduce the levels.

Did your code pop again?
On the way into work this morning, yes. I haven't had a chance to pull the code yet, but I suspect it's going to be the same.

·
Registered
664 Posts
My next suggestion would be that you do an actual log of the two on your drive home.... that should show you if the signals correlate across the RPM\load range. It's very possible that when you "grabbed" the readings after the zip-tie mod, the readings were ok.... but at a different load\rpm range sensor 1 goes out of whack, etc.

If my theory is correct, your log\graph should show a specific load where sensor 1 acts up, etc.

·
Registered
2011 TDI Lux
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
This is interesting... So, I ran out at breaktime, and checked the code. Same P1032, but the downstream NOx Sensor is reading 0.

9690 - Sensor for NOx (G295)
P1032 00 [237] - Signal too High
MIL ON - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Mileage: 188452 km
Date: 2022.05.08
Time: 21:51:06

Engine RPM: 2027.50 /min
Normed load value: 74.9 %
Vehicle speed: 84 km/h
Coolant temperature: 90 °C
Intake air temperature: 13 °C
Ambient air pressure: 1010 mbar
Voltage terminal 30: 14.340 V
Unlearning counter according OBD: 40
Air mass: actual value (mg/stroke): 344.9 mg/stroke
EGR Vacuum Regulator Solen.val.: activation: 31.34 %
NOx Emission NOx-Sensor 2: 0 ppm
NOx Emission NOx Sensor: 126 ppm
Mean injection quantity: 17.06 mg/stroke
Exhaust gas temperature sensor 1: 426.2 °C

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
664 Posts
Try a black zip-tie instead :cool:

But on a more serious note.... I'd still log values as per my earlier posts.... I highly doubt that your cat is so good that it eliminates ALL NOx.... I'm going to go out on a limb and say that your upstream sensor is dying and is just reacting way too slowly... the code is probably thrown when the delta is too great from the downstream sensor as based on your various readings, the upstream value is all over the place in the FF data.

·
Registered
109 Posts
This is unreal. They won’t fix “emissions warranty related” issues on your T3 because they say it’s been tampered with? These VW dealers didn’t learn their lesson the first time they got class action sued. I hear so many stories like these related to TDIs

Well last year, when I first brought the car for a multitude of emission issues, the VW dealer wouldn’t even a knowledge the 125,000 mile emissions warranty. When I brought in my owner manual and got in touch with VW care they acknowledged the warranty but said “it looks like it’s fuel contamination so it’s not covered”. How convenient. I had to get in touch with their GM and VW care and file complaints to get a $800 refund and have parts replaced. I would advice you try the same. I’m tired of these crooks not doing their jobs.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Great follow-up thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
It is helpful that you let us know how you solved your problem, thanks! Regarding warranty, unless I missed something I couldn't tell from the posts if by chance you were already out of the extended emissions warranty, in which case the tampered condition wouldn't be relevant. The 10 yr/120k limit (whichever is first) from original date of service might have been exceeded at the time the dealer looked at it? If so that would only leave the 4 yr/48k (which ever is first) from the date the emissions fix was applied. IMO, even if it were expired by a little, there would be something to be gained by the dealer to try and use goodwill. Again, thanks for following up.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts