Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

We have a 2012 Touareg V6 that just hit 100K and I have a dilemma about servicing? The car has been awesome since day one and we have never had a lick of trouble with it. I have faithfully dealer serviced it every 10K but am now getting tired of their out of control pricing and questionable practices. $900 to fix a faulty tire sensor? $1000 per axle to replace the worn brakes? At what point do I just take over servicing myself? I restore older cars for a hobby and have a well equipped shop, just not so much in electronic diagnostic equipment. I've lurked here since 2012 but am not too good at searching the forums yet. Is there any documentation as to what I should be checking/replacing If I take over maintenance myself?
What are other owners doing?

Thanks,

Curtis

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
A good diagnostic tool that allows you to do just about anything you'd typically run into will only run you a few hundred.... a tire sensor is probably about $100 worth of parts and all it takes is removing the tire and replacing it... they are taking you to the cleaners. If you have any basic mechanical aptitude, you should be able to do your own brake job.... they are raping you and others because you facilitate it.

I fully understand that you may not have the skill\desire\time to do your own servicing, but find an independent mechanic if that's the case who will be a lot more reasonable than a stealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any recommendations for a diagnostic tool to see and clear faults? Also maybe a service manual source?
I love this forum already :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts