Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally was going to conclude the other post http://forums.clubtouareg.com/ftopic2524-15.html
with a short update, but thought I'd throw out a thought or two as well. While I wasn't happy about the following, I think its constructive to direct anger at appropriate outlets - here the dealer did everything in their power to make me happy and the situation as painless as possible - bad things are going to happen - VW is going to have some malfunctioning parts - they so far seem to be trying to make most of those right too. That being said, here's the story.

I have had the T for the past 7 or so months we bought it with 4k on it and have put about 8 more on. Other than TSB's and expected maintence the T has been relatively trouble free - a joy. I wouldn't trade it for anything except maybe an offroad grey v10. Last Monday 11/29 the truck just wouldn't run - VW towed it into our dealer and the next day they diagnosed a bad fuel pump - overnighted installed on Wednesday - they started getting choking and found metal shavings in the filter. Filter assembly was located in Florida and was supposed to be here last Monday - 12/6 took until yesterday evening 12/8. Dealer had provided a loaner through Enterprise and while a Jeep liberty isn't as nice as my T it gets me to work. Picked up the T late last night - I think the Tech and SM stayed late to get it in and call me. They're trying to get VW to give me a months payment on the truck too. To me the preceeding was bending over backwards for the customer - me

I've just heard so much complaining (not from everyone) but from many about how poor the service is for a 40-60k vehicle. I have owned a few Audi's never new, but my parents have owned new and new MB's etc so I feel I know what service is - VW has been on par with almost every Audi and MB dealer I've ever seen. I have no complaints - and I recommend Ed Murphy VW in Schaumburg to anyone in the area - definitely talk to Ed - not the same as the owner but he might as well be.

They ended up having to replace both fuel pumps and the filter assembly fwiw. - T runs great and I'm glad to have it back.

Now I recognize every dealer doesn't take this good of care of its customers - for shame - but I wanted to let some of the readers and not partaker's here know there is sometimes another side to a similar story.

Take care.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Kudos to the dealer for treating the customer right!!!! :clap:

·
Registered
45 Posts
days in shop

my 2004 (silver v8, driver installed steps and mud flaps) S/N 84xxx) is been in shop for minor things approx 5 days. bad seal around front window, raw gas smell, etc. but i love it. got a good price on it and will probably trade it for diesel someday. one question???: there is a button for steering wheel heater, but Dealer says they dont have that function for the t-rex. anybody know about that?? I deal with the dealer in Stockton, ca and they are great...long drive to get there but they are worth it....

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is good to hear some good from time to time.

I want to reiterate, my point was this thread could have gone either way - things break, dealers fix, customers either are satisfied or not. My dealer did more than just fix it though, he understood I was without my vehicle for a week and is trying to make it right the best way they know how.

A bad dealer is what he hear most about on here, and thus the customer starts to bash vw for a bad a part, the dealer for not making them happy and then the truck for being a part of the whole mess.

Too many people likely read this forum and take only that away from here. I found this forum right before I bought mine and being a long time automotive forum member was not dissuaded - but others I'm sure have.

I love my T - I love getting in it when my wife lets me drive it :) I love the fit and finish, I love the power, the versatility and heated steering wheel. I could go on and on, but I think the majority of the people on here share my sentiment.

Thanks for the community all,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.