Club Touareg Forum banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

· Registered
VW Touareg Wolfsburg Edition, 2016, VR 3.6L
28 Posts
Very interesting but not surprising sadly. I've yet to find an automotive brand that provides true after sales service that authentically looks after the customers car needs. VW and Audi definitely don't! Same story in Europe. I love their engineering and their cars but their customer care and corporate conduct is really really poor. Guess we will have to make do with the VR6 misfires as best we can.

· Registered
8 Posts
Just received some very interesting information, that I am certain reliable, from an inside source with intimate knowledge of the problem discussed in the thread.
VW Canada and VW in Germany were very aware all along of the problem that I was experiencing (misfiring, engine stumble and throwing numerous codes etc ) for two years. However the factory decided to force VW Canada and their dealers to stonewall customers and keep promising a fix since they figured it was not worth their while to correct a problem that existed only in 2016 and 2017 Touaregs in North America. Virtually all Touaregs in Europe are diesel. I suppose it is no surprise that they would be this corrupt given the disclosures around ‘dieselgate’! I am surprised that a class action lawsuit was not launched in the US.
My case at CAMVAP was going well and it was very clear that they would be forced to buy back my vehicle. I offered to accept a 10 year/160,000km. 5 star (bumper to bumper) extended warranty and drop the CAMVAP claim. They agreed to this rather than buy it back. My car right now is good but certainly not perfect but I can live with knowing I have the extended warranty.
Another gentleman I know - may be on this forum! - recently had his 2017 bought back for a very healthy sum - way more than market!!
I encourage everyone with issues to not give up - you have 5 years warrant!
That gentleman is me!
the judge in the camvap case laughed vw right out the door when he read through the work orders and heard the tales of adventure. I was awarded full purchase price minus usage. Which ended up being around 50k CAD
We surrendered the vehicle shortly after and went with a different brand and couldn’t be happier.

· Registered
8 Posts
A Cole Notes version of their “defence” was as follows
VW-this case needs to be thrown out because there’s nothing wrong with the vehicle.
(8 work orders proving otherwise including one from days before the hearing with CEL flashing and tech acknowledging rough idle/ loss of power etc. )
VW-ok there’s something wrong with it, but he has a warranty and if he brings it in we will fix it
(Judge says isn’t 8 times into the dealer more than reasonable)
VW-we have a fix in the works for the computer
(I got the fix the week before and it didn’t fix anything as acknowledged by a work order, I then say there’s others here that have the same issue)
VW- as per the defendant’s statement of there being an issue with more Touaregs than his own. We move to dismiss this hearing because this court is for individuals with issues to their vehicle only, this sounds like a larger problem that would be more suited to a class action situation!
(Judge laughs, you just told me there’s nothing wrong with his vehicle, then you admit there might be, now you’re saying there’s an issue with all the touaregs?! “What you just said makes me think a lot less of volkswagen as a company”
VW- we close the case with the fact he has a warranty and he should bring it in and we will fix it.
( a few days later I got a letter saying I won and will be awarded full purchase price less usage)

I barely had to say anything in the hearing, VW sank themselves.

· Registered
18 Posts
A Cole Notes version of their “defence” was as follows
VW-this case needs to be thrown out because there’s nothing wrong with the vehicle.
(8 work orders proving otherwise including one from days before the hearing with CEL flashing and tech acknowledging rough idle/ loss of power etc. )
VW-ok there’s something wrong with it, but he has a warranty and if he brings it in we will fix it
(Judge says isn’t 8 times into the dealer more than reasonable)
VW-we have a fix in the works for the computer
(I got the fix the week before and it didn’t fix anything as acknowledged by a work order, I then say there’s others here that have the same issue)
VW- as per the defendant’s statement of there being an issue with more Touaregs than his own. We move to dismiss this hearing because this court is for individuals with issues to their vehicle only, this sounds like a larger problem that would be more suited to a class action situation!
(Judge laughs, you just told me there’s nothing wrong with his vehicle, then you admit there might be, now you’re saying there’s an issue with all the touaregs?! “What you just said makes me think a lot less of volkswagen as a company”
VW- we close the case with the fact he has a warranty and he should bring it in and we will fix it.
( a few days later I got a letter saying I won and will be awarded full purchase price less usage)

I barely had to say anything in the hearing, VW sank themselves.
Way to go Twofazed!
VW survives based solely on a good product generally - certainly not because of their ‘customer service’ or ethics!!
These positive outcomes are a testament to the useful procedure offered by CAMVAP.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.