Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 08 vw touareg v6 I just hit 160xxx miles I ve had this car about8-9 months no problem ok so two days ago I drove about 40 miles round trip on the highway I came home and it sat about 3-4 hours until I went out and let it run about 15 minutes so the heat and heated seats could warm up so I took my fiance to work about10 miles round trip and when I got back home I noticed a large puddle maybe one or two quarts of oil so I parked it and let it sit for about8-9 hours this time it only had a few drips of oil nothing major so I had a mechanic friend come over we used uv dye and added oil and let it run for20 minutes but couldn t find a leak so I decided to drive it about5 miles and got on the highway and drove maybe a half mile back to the house and its still not leaking it s not running badly or anything has anyone else with a Volkswagen experienced this

·
Registered
682 Posts
Ok I have a 08 vw touareg v6 I just hit 160xxx miles I ve had this car about8-9 months no problem ok so two days ago I drove about 40 miles round trip on the highway I came home and it sat about 3-4 hours until I went out and let it run about 15 minutes so the heat and heated seats could warm up so I took my fiance to work about10 miles round trip and when I got back home I noticed a large puddle maybe one or two quarts of oil so I parked it and let it sit for about8-9 hours this time it only had a few drips of oil nothing major so I had a mechanic friend come over we used uv dye and added oil and let it run for20 minutes but couldn t find a leak so I decided to drive it about5 miles and got on the highway and drove maybe a half mile back to the house and its still not leaking it s not running badly or anything has anyone else with a Volkswagen experienced this
Engine or transmission? :wink2:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
You know for sure it is you and not someone else? Bottom engine cover would give clues.

Oil drain plug is the only drip I ever had...needs new crush washer plug each time.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I presume you used the dipstick to check the oil level once you spotted the oil on the drive and again when you topped the car up?

And, even though the signs are wrong for this, you have checked the coolant [when cold] for any signs of oil too and under the oil filler cap for mayonnaise just in case?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I checked all of those things and everything looks normal the car is not over heating or anything it's been sitting I just checked my oil level the oil I replaced after the spill is still in there I started it let it run25 mins making sure nothing was leaking I went drove on the highway about2 miles to the gas station filled my tank up came home let it sit a good2 hours and went got under it still no leaks I forgot to mention also my drive way is on a hill if that matters at all

·
Registered
469 Posts
Was the dipstick all the way in when the oil came out? I know you would have checked it now as you did a refill and I assume checked the level, but was it fully home when you checked it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts