Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Randomly when I get out of the car after turning it off the radio is supposed to turn off as well as the day time running lights when you open the door, it fails about 1 out of 4 times. But if you open and close the door a few times it seems to work.

Another issue is when the radio is off and you put the car in reverse it will come on. I assume since I have only owned this vehicle for 7 months it is not a feature.

Another is my knob to adjust my mirrors does not work for adjusting but does work for turning the mirrors to their parking position. Switch or motors?

Another is the rear hatch button next to the gas door does nothing. It pulls up and pushes down, I assume the hatch can be worked up/down from here, correct?

Another, I have (getting fixed tomorrow) bad valve cover gaskets that caused a lot more oil to leak than I was paying attention to. My low oil light never came on but I was very low. I assume it just didn't work, but how low does it have to be to register?

Anyone know off or seen these issues?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Wiring issue or faulty CCM (Confort Control Module).
Maybe a software update/reset will fix it.
Try this:
Disconnect the battery for the night. There is a bolt under the carpet (drivers side) near the seat. You don't have to go for the battery under the seat.
And scan for errors if you a have scan tool.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wiring issue or faulty CCM (Confort Control Module).

Maybe a software update/reset will fix it.

Try this:

Disconnect the battery for the night. There is a bolt under the carpet (drivers side) near the seat. You don't have to go for the battery under the seat.

And scan for errors if you a have scan tool.
Thanks, I'll look into this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
DanielChandler
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing