Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum and searching for my first ever Touareg. I'm a big car enthusiast and have always loved European cars, I currently own a 2007 BMW 335xi and a 1983 BMW 528e. I love both cars however I need a bigger vehicle that can tow around 5000 pounds, has decent gas mileage, and also more storage space. After a lot of research and consideration I've decided that a 08-10 TDI Touareg is a perfect match for me...

- Here is what I'm looking for,

- V6 TDI
- Tow Package
- Air Suspension
- Dark Exterior Color or White
- Teak Interior (will settle with black depending on the Touareg)
- Less that 100,000 miles (I am a little flexible on this depending on service history)
- Would like to have GPS but it is not necessary

I know there were few Touareg 2s with air suspension and therefore this may be a lost cause, but hey, you never know until you try. I am willing to travel anywhere in the country for the right car, however the closer to South/North Carolina the better. Thanks everyone!

Cheers,
Elvis

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum and searching for my first ever Touareg.

[Stuff Snipped]

- Here is what I'm looking for,

- V6 TDI
- Tow Package
- Air Suspension
- Dark Exterior Color or White
- Teak Interior (will settle with black depending on the Touareg)
- Less that 100,000 miles (I am a little flexible on this depending on service history)
- Would like to have GPS but it is not necessary
Elvis,

Welcome aboard. You will find the forum to be very supportive!

I'd suggest that you set up a search on cargurus.com and get daily notification of new cars for sale nationwide.

To find air, you need to look at the pics in each TDI ad to see if the control is in the center console. I found, but missed buying by an hour, an '10 that the highline dealer had listed...but didn't know that it had air or DynAudio.

Another forum member did end up with that one!

I was fortunate to find mine through conversations with forum members. It hadn't yet hit the market.

They are rare, but they do come up once in a while...just keep searching.

And btw, if you find one with air, it's very likely to have Nav.

Definitely worth the effort...I love our '10!

Just make sure that when you do find one, it's been well taken care of...don't just grab the first truck with everything you want...better to find one in great condition a few months later. I know that might be tempting, but...

Reactions: EP11

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Good advice.

I looked at some used ones under $5-$6K that all needed work (duh).

I ended up with one for more than double that price, but it was in SO MUCH BETTER shape.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice guys! I'll definitely set up a search. I am planning a cross country trip at the beginning of May and would like to have the Treg by then. I have a couple of months until then but I'd like to find one as soon as possible so I can do maintenance and also a few mods before setting out. Hopefully that way I won't break the bank badly.

I have also considered buying a 07-08 V10 TDI however I am worried about the reliability. It seems like the V6 is a lot more reliable and not as expensive to work on.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys! I'll definitely set up a search. I am planning a cross country trip at the beginning of May and would like to have the Treg by then. I have a couple of months until then but I'd like to find one as soon as possible so I can do maintenance and also a few mods before setting out. Hopefully that way I won't break the bank badly.

I have also considered buying a 07-08 V10 TDI however I am worried about the reliability. It seems like the V6 is a lot more reliable and not as expensive to work on.
I don't think the '09-'10 T V6 TDIs were available with the Teak interior. I had a Dealer tell me that only about 180 were imported to the US with Air, so they are extremely hard to find.

I have owned a '04 V8, a '06 V10 TDI, and now own a '10 V6 TDI with Air. The V10 power is amazing, but you can not afford it after the extended warranty has expired. The V10 is also very expensive to maintain (oil changes, etc.)

The V6 TDI is much less expensive to maintain, but doesn't have that massive thrust of power that the V10 had. I had a Malone Stage 2 Tune installed on my V6 TDI, and it makes a huge difference, On Monday I made a seven hour trip over two 10,000' passes, doing between 75 mph to 90 mph, and still got 29 mpg. The V6 TDI is an incredible machine.

I am just about to order a Leisure Travel Vans Unity Mercedes Sprinter based Motorhome, and the Touareg is too heavy to tow. So if I can find an acceptable four wheel drive tow vehicle (looking at a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk) that is big enough to tow my Polaris RZR and Trailer, yet small enough to tow behind the Sprinter, I will put my Touareg up for sale, but that will be in July/August.

Touareg currently has 62k miles, and a Fidelity Platinum $ 100 deductible warranty good until 115k miles and 5-1/2 more years.

Reactions: EP11

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't think the '09-'10 T V6 TDIs were available with the Teak interior. I had a Dealer tell me that only about 180 were imported to the US with Air, so they are extremely hard to find.

I have owned a '04 V8, a '06 V10 TDI, and now own a '10 V6 TDI with Air. The V10 power is amazing, but you can not afford it after the extended warranty has expired. The V10 is also very expensive to maintain (oil changes, etc.)

The V6 TDI is much less expensive to maintain, but doesn't have that massive thrust of power that the V10 had. I had a Malone Stage 2 Tune installed on my V6 TDI, and it makes a huge difference, On Monday I made a seven hour trip over two 10,000' passes, doing between 75 mph to 90 mph, and still got 29 mpg. The V6 TDI is an incredible machine.

I am just about to order a Leisure Travel Vans Unity Mercedes Sprinter based Motorhome, and the Touareg is too heavy to tow. So if I can find an acceptable four wheel drive tow vehicle (looking at a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk) that is big enough to tow my Polaris RZR and Trailer, yet small enough to tow behind the Sprinter, I will put my Touareg up for sale, but that will be in July/August.

Touareg currently has 62k miles, and a Fidelity Platinum $ 100 deductible warranty good until 115k miles and 5-1/2 more years.
Have any pictures of your '10? Would love to be put on "standby" if you do decide to sell :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

PM sent

·
Registered
409 Posts
Here are some pics from when I purchased it. It looks just the same now except I had the front windows tinted the same color as the rear windows, and I have three sets of tires and two sets of wheels for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are some pics from when I purchased it. It looks just the same now except I had the front windows tinted the same color as the rear windows, and I have three sets of tires and two sets of wheels for it.
Looks very nice, I'm definitely interested.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I do not plan to tow much, so I got the V8 gasser to save $ on initial purchase and maintenance. If I was going to tow a lot, I would have searched for a TDI.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Nice looking Touareg!

I just had my front windows tinted yesterday!

Thinking about doing the rest of the car for greater heat control, but for now, at least it all matches. :)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Have any pictures of your '10? Would love to be put on "standby" if you do decide to sell :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
There you go Elvis! A nice truck, low miles, extended warranty, and a trip to Colorado thrown in!

Doesn't get much better than that!

Funny -- I have rights of first refusal on a blue Cayman S currrently owned by a coworker. I'm constantly pestering him about whether he's washed it recently, how it did at Lime Rock, etc. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts