Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Gents... and Ladies,

We bought our 2007 Treg last year from a non-VW dealer. Needless to say it came with very few instructions and even less written material.

I was able to get a 2007 owners manual but I've found this site to be an even better place to find answers. This is an awesome community!

I read somewhere that if a hands-free phone system is installed, you loose the Aux input to the radio. My wife and daughters would much rather have the input over the phone connection so I'm hoping this is my problem and not something more complicated.

Does anyone know how to remove this system?

Do I "simply" pull the head unit and unplug the correct wiring harness?

Thanks in advance for any help! - Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The connection is there, but when you select Aux on the radio you get noting.

Also, I did once here a BlueTooth 'beep' but haven't heard it since VAG'ing certain annoyances. I assume I disabled it then.

·
Registered
2016 TDI Lux
584 Posts
When on the Aux screen, do you get a "set up" option when you press it twice? I've installed the Aux adapter in my 2005 cd based nav and I've installed one in a DVD based Nav just like yours. If you don't have the set up option then I'm at a loss as to why there would be an aux port installed already that was then disabled by another piece of factory installed equipment.

Send an email to the company I linked you to. The owner is on here and is an owner/enthusiast and can get you sorted better than anyone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I have the same problem not being able to get any sound from the AUX IN even when I choose AUX or AV on the Nav.

Let me know if you got a resolution to this one!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
On my RNS2, I select CD then AUX for AUX input

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried mine again and had success. Selected Aux (only once, I think) and when I turned the volume way up on my iPhone I could hear it. Good Luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts