Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm coming to lease end and trying to determine whether or not to buy my 2006 V6 Treg. The only real problem I have (other than it eats tires) is that it has a tendency to jump or lurch when making sweeping turns at low speeds (around 35 mph). It is a sudden hop feeling and I'm not sure it is actually doing anything or if it is just a sensation in the steering wheel. Anybody know what this is?

The dealer said the last software upgrade was supposed to address it and it didn't do it for months but now started again.

More info:
My tires are getting to the point of needing to be replaced.
This doesn't happen turning corners or at high speeds, just lower speeds on gradual turns.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was excited it was going to be a a Knight Rider moment :)

I bought an 06 which was previously leased. Couple things, IMO, after the lease was over, they fixed all the things that needed fixed before they put it on the lot. For instence, changed ALL brake pads/rotors which I know costs alot. Anything that was worn down, they fixed. So it was a good deal. So when you go there, ask them how much they will sell it to you for, as in how much more payments you will have to make. If its too much, just give it back to them, walk to another dealer, or even that dealer, and find similar one and get that instead. Oh and keep the air pump thing, (unless you have air suspension) cuz the last guy who owned mine kept it so I had to buy one from Walmart which does a better job.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Stepper motor. Expensive. Hand it back and walk away. You've just got the stage where you'll get a £1,000 bill every few weeks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
He's right, sounds like the stepper motor. Take the car to a dealer and see what they say, it won't be cheap.

Cass

1 - 5 of 5 Posts