Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

The other day I tried replacing break pads but failed because I could not remove the two pins as in the picture below. When I looked up on youtube 05 model had one large pin holding the break pads but when I opened up 06 model there were two smaller pins with pointy ends. I tried hammers with screwdrivers but they would not budge at all. Any ideas how to do this or am I doing something wrong?
Another side question is that when I try to buy brake pads and enter 2006 V6 Touareg, I am shown brake pads with one large pin at the middle whereas mine has 2 pins for the front. Do you guys have any idea where I can find the correct ones? The current one says PAGID 4668. I need both front and rear pads.
Thanks for the feedback!

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
A screwdriver is not what you should be using. Look at the tools I was using in the video. I had a center punch with a big heavy hammer. If this is the first time changing the brakes on your Touareg, then be prepared to use some muscle. Make sure you use WD-40. I looked everywhere for your brakes online and it's only showing the one pin in the middle. It seams like you might have to bite the bullet and buy them from the dealer. Lastly, make sure you watch my videos on the rear brakes. You need a special tool, a lot of WD-40, and muscle (or an extra person). Just look up "Changing rear rotors on 2005 VW Touareg".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts