Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've done a lot of research and can't seem to find a answer, but i'm guessing its not normal... recently bought my treg and the trans shifts smoothly with no clunks or noises, but on downshifts it will quickly rev high then settle to whatever the rpm should be, kinda like it revs high to keep the turbos spooling before dropping rpm. For example, cruising in 5th and punch it, trans revs to 3500 engages 4th then settles at 3000 and accelerates like normal. trans also almost acts like a cvt at times in the higher rpm range as well. Any thing i should look at aside from a aftermarket warranty?

· Registered
20,262 Posts
Try a gearbox reset.

Turn ignition on but do NOT start the car.

Press the accelerator pedal firmly to the floor and hold it there for a full 10 seconds.

Then release the pedal.

Turn the ignition off and remove the key.

The gearbox will now learn how you drive and not the previous owners

Your ten year old car probably needs new fluids throughout and you should read this.....

Buying a used Touareg. What to look for. - myTreg forums

· Registered
205 Posts
That seems to be the brain-dead strategy many Aisin transmissions have. What it's doing is partially applying the torque converter during the shift, opening the converter, then locking it again a moment later.

-J

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That seems to be the brain-dead strategy many Aisin transmissions have. What it's doing is partially applying the torque converter during the shift, opening the converter, then locking it again a moment later.

-J
Thank you for the response! I figured that's what was happening just wasn't positive. Shifts perfectly when going full throttle, just when you go half or so it does that weird cvt slip kinda thing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.