Club Touareg Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
OBDEleven uses bluetooth to connect to my phone and plugs into the data port on the car. No cables. This is what i have. Does the Ross Tech support that type of connection with an OBDeleven? I always assumed no.

I will check out your info you provided.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm not sure if OBDEleven is strictly for its software (app) or if it would work with others. I have a generic BT deal that I use with Torque (paid version), but you could try the free version if you have an Android phone or tablet to see if it can work with that dongle. I may try the VCDS Lite to see if it works with my dongle.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Before you spend more money, make sure you are using OBDEleven to its fullest. What level do you have? If you can't see a module, then that would suggest a comm error due to a bad module or wiring or power.

·
Registered
2015 TDI Exec R-Line
1,001 Posts
Stepper motor isn’t going to causes communications failure with 22-AWD electrics. I’d re-check ALL your fuses (left and right dash ends, rain tray and under the drivers seat by the battery. If those are all good, pull the passenger seat, and check for power at the transfer case module. I can get you a pin out later.
If you’re planning on selling this and not getting another VW/Audi, I wouldn’t waste my time and money purchasing VCDS. If you were planning on purchasing another VW/Audi, your obd11 is capable of scanning and programming. VCDS is superior, but I’m disgruntled that they VIN-limited the majority of their software. I purchased a knock-off from AliExpress for $40. Works amazing, used for years and on well over 100 cars.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
SUCCESS!!!!
After swapping out the stepper motor (what a PITA but doable with no lift!). Car was is high gear. Turned on the car (car in park) and no error on the dash. Then it said shift to neutral. I start crapping my pants because this is what it did last time and it all went to shizzz! Luckily this time I shifted to neutral then I heard the gears engage and the differential controls stopped blinking. Was able to shift into all gears and get the car moving.
Took it out for a little spin in my neighborhood and no additional errors.
cleared the steering code as well.
will check on these 2 errors tomorrow still.

Any tips to fix and clear these? The lights work. I hear the motors on the xenon lights self leveling tonight when I was locking and unlocking the vehicle.

·
Registered
2006 V8 Touareg AIR, nav, hid
4,366 Posts
Nice that it is working. Now, drive it around and pretty soon you will fall back into love with it.

I doubt that you ever had an actual communication problem the drive train module. Sometimes the control modules will go into a fail safe mode when a major error is indicated. My guess is that OBD Eleven just lacks the necessary programming to communicate while the module is in fail safe mode.

It is great software to have on the road. However, when you need to nitty gritty diagnostics, vcds is the only choice.

Got the windows one touch up and down working yet?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
It is a great vehicle but the issues are mounting with a lot of OEM parts still needing to be replaced or starting to fail. The risks will far outweigh the reward, plus I have to drive 60-70 miles (city traffic) and I average 13mpg with my 22” wheels on it.
Need something more gas friendly right now. Sad that VW discontinued it in the US. Much better vehicle than the Atlas IMO!

Reactions: Landpanther

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Well done.

Now sell the damned thing!

It's only a car after all.

And do let us know what you replaced it with too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ended up with the same problem, but for different unfixable reasons. V W has nothing to offer in the current line up IMHO. I ended up with a cpo GLC 300 W4. My head still turns when I see a T-reg tho; I would have bought a new one in a heartbeat if it were possible.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts