Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hopefully it will be in the fall over the Columbus Day Weekend. I believe bravocharlie indicated he would be putting together another event this year and if so, I'm sure news will be posted soon. Also check on VWVortex as well. Congrats on the new wheels.

Drive on,
PV

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks PV! I love the new ride. I've even lost one inch around the waist line for parking so far away and having to walk to avoid the dings (at least that's what I'm trying to convince myself :joy: )

·
Registered
124 Posts
The Dow's are going to the New England Grand Prix :) We are camping out, anyone interested in meeting up there? The race is GREAT and will be PACKED with Action both Friday and Saturday.

Just a thought. I also have one ticket extra that I could sell for 1/2 off :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PrincessVivian Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:39 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully it will be in the fall over the Columbus Day Weekend. I believe bravocharlie indicated he would be putting together another event this year and if so, I'm sure news will be posted soon. Also check on VWVortex as well. Congrats on the new wheels.

Drive on,
PV

According to a post by bravocharlie on vortex he was trading in his Touareg. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2548606

I wouldn't mind coordinating one, but I've never hosted one and wouldn't know where to go. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
4,833 Posts
Major Payne said:
PrincessVivian Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:39 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drive on,
PV

According to a post by bravocharlie on vortex he was trading in his Touareg. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2548606

I wouldn't mind coordinating one, but I've never hosted one and wouldn't know where to go. Any suggestions?
More than likely, he will be getting a V10tdi. He needs something to tow his trailer and new race car. So I suspect that he will host another gathering if there isn't any racing that weekend.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes, but I think he indicated he would still host the rally, it may just be expanded to include "the cousins" (Pepper and Q7).

If you're up for hosting a rally you'll need a venue with enough parking area to accommodate a group of TRegs. There's a fair number in the area on this board and on Vortex. Heck, you're down in Foxboro - how about Gillette Stadium? :giggle: Something over Labor Day weekend perhaps?

Drive on,
PV

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The "cousins" NE gathering would be great. I would love to plan a gathering on Labor Day weekend at the Razor. However, I'm getting married on Friday, September 1st and then leaving for Barbados for a ten days. I'll ask her if we can push the wedding up, so I can have this gathering. I'll get right back to you. :chainsaw:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sweet - getting married for my birthday! I'd say try to plan something for August but planning a rally right before you get married might cause your fiancee to nail you to a tree. I guess we'll have to see what bc comes up with for the fall.

Drive on,
PV

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trust me; I've already been nailed to the tree. I bought the Touareg the day of her wedding shower while I was unsupervised. I bought the roof racks (since they didn't come with the '06) and bought a new 9'6" surfboard right after picking up the Touareg (again unsupervised). No, I'm not hitting my midlife crisis, but just buying a few toys before our bank accounts merge.:crazy:

They (don't know who "they" are) say that NE and some place in Japan have the nicest foliage in the fall than any other place in the world. Would be great to meet up somewhere in Massachusetts (at the Razor) and drive up to New Hampshire and/or Vermont.

We'll use this post as feelers and see how many are interest to meet up in the fall.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes, the nebulous "they" are correct about NE foliage. Well, I'm still planning to go camping in NH for Columbus Day weekend which is where/when the NE TReg Rally was last year. Of course, last year it poured and my campsite was a 5" deep reflecting pool but I am undeterred as I now have a contingency plan. So I would definitely be up for a foliage drive. We'll see what kind of interest there is.

Drive on,
PV

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can you PLEASE keep the rain away this year?? And can we PLEASE have a Cornhusker win this year?? OK....a fall foilage trip will suffice.

I'm in again this year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts