Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, this is my first post. I bought a 2006 v8 nicely trimmed. it has a few dents and scratches and the interior buttons have worn down. I bought it from the person who bought it off the showroom floor, it only has 51000 miles on it, no tears in the leather nothing. has done all the maintenance. I mean just put on 1200 bucks worth of brand new bridgestone tires. so the its in my shop and it needs a battery. so the customer says hey im selling it, and I go oh cool how much. get this 2000 bucks and I freak out really! so I give her the 2000 buy the car, and even put the battery in my self. we scan it no codes nothing awesome! then I give it to my wife, she starts driving it, falls in love with it. here it comes, babe there is a noise coming from the car between 30-60mph. so I take it to work and rack it up. turn off traction control and let the wheels spin. put a pry bar to the wheel bearings, cause that's what I was hoping it was, nope. so I put the pry bar on the front diff. there it is clunk. . . . .clunk. . . .clunk. . . etc. found it. I am wondering after writing all this, if anyone has has this problem, what was it. thank you very much

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Hi , use search function and you will get few good threads about frond diff problems diagnoses and rebuild;)

·
Registered
469 Posts

·
Learner
4,637 Posts

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
If you haven't already read the thread below thoroughly, do . . . . . damn, I see I've been beaten to it!! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry guys there has been some miss information, when I racked it up to listen to the diff that's where I heard the clunk sound. but when you drive it, it makes a whining sound from 30-60 and gets louder when decelerating. so I guess what I am asking. is if anyone can post a link to front diff stuff as this forum will NOT let me do any searches. thank you.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
It seems very strange you cannot use the Search facility but if you want to search this site you can do so by typing your enquiry in this format in Google [2,350 results] or Bing [6,510 results]:

site:clubtouareg.Xcom front diff

site:clubtouareg.Xcom front differential

REMOVE THE CAPITAL X from those enquiries above please - I have had to put them in to stop this site changing what I am typing!!

Have you carefully inspected the rubber around the centre bearing on the driveshaft? If it is cracked then it is on its way out anyway.

·
Registered
327 Posts
so the customer says hey im selling it, and I go oh cool how much. get this 2000 bucks and I freak out really! so I give her the 2000 buy the car...
So, lemmie get this straight....you just happened to run into a customer at your shop selling a decent '06 V8 Touareg for 2 GRAND??

Lucky you....
(was a fair deal, even if you have to replace the front diff)

·
Registered
437 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
7 Participants
14bluest
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing