Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, my newly purchased used Tregg(60k miles V8 ) is having a hard time starting. It turns over but it takes like 15 seconds for the engine actually start running. If I turn the key back and try again, it starts fine. Only misfire codes. The truck is at a reputable local independent shop. Reading other threads I suspected it was crankshaft position sensor, but the engine runs fine once started up. It makes no difference if the tank is empty or full. Could it be the fuel pump?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The camshaft position sensor did not fix the issue:-( Does anyone have suggestions? I did search the forum and the only two fixes I found were the cps or the n80 valve...

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Is this how your mechanic communicates with you?

If so, that's pretty cool!

·
Dark Lord of the Sith
1,278 Posts
That is very cool for whoevers mechanic that is!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update, the dealership determined that the fuel pump is bad. They won't have a replacement part until next week. That video was spot on :)

·
Dark Lord of the Sith
1,278 Posts
Gee, I wonder which VW dealership this is???
According to the youtube account info, it is Escondido German Auto. Must be an indy repair shop.

Or was that sarcasm VWDude?

·
Super Moderator
3,812 Posts
Nice work...!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The dealership replaced the fuel pump, the issue remained. It ended up being the checkvalve in the second fuel pump. The total bill came to $1150.....Minus my $200 deductable the extended warrranty (National) picked up the bill :cool: I have two new fuel pumps and a crankshaft position sensor, but the best part is that my Touareg is fixed and running right finally....

·
Banned
7,167 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
The dealership replaced the fuel pump, the issue remained. It ended up being the checkvalve in the second fuel pump. The total bill came to $1150.....Minus my $200 deductable the extended warrranty (National) picked up the bill :cool: I have two new fuel pumps and a crankshaft position sensor, but the best part is that my Touareg is fixed and running right finally....
Old thread I know, but just curious...was the check valve inside the fuel pump? Or was it a separate part from the fuel pump? Any idea on how difficult it is to replace? Thanks

·
Registered
3,523 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Old thread I know, but just curious...was the check valve inside the fuel pump? Or was it a separate part from the fuel pump? Any idea on how difficult it is to replace? Thanks
Probably means the pressure regulator valve assembly that sits above the pump right below the access panel. Pretty certain there is no check valve in the fuel pump. The pump is nothing but a submersible suction pump if you take it out of the casing and view.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
8 Participants
G6mdxvct
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing