Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By now (360,000 kilometres, bought new) an old friend, my 2005 Touareg V10 is showing its age a bit. High beam lights are poor. Kangaroos are many. Need to do something. The outer glass does not seem glazed or faded. Replacement globes are $350 each. Is that the way to go?

The TV (an accessory hardly used, but would prefer to have it working) seems to have lost its tuning--can't locate stations. How do you re-tune?

Thank you

·
Learner
4,721 Posts
By now (360,000 kilometres, bought new) an old friend, my 2005 Touareg V10 is showing its age a bit. High beam lights are poor. Kangaroos are many. Need to do something. The outer glass does not seem glazed or faded. Replacement globes are $350 each. Is that the way to go? The TV (an accessory hardly used, but would prefer to have it working) seems to have lost its tuning--can't locate stations. How do you re-tune? Thank you
eBay or online decent brand if d1s will cost you under a $100
I installed an led bar that works well to light up roos

·
Registered
90 Posts

I fitted an led bar to the front as per the pic, it's an 04 V10, it's been over 40c here this summer, didn't make any difference at all to the running temperature, dead easy to fit, power came from the battery posts in the engine bay, they don't have the same range as spotlights but they are amazing for lighting a reasonable distance ahead and especially each side, very good purchase,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Xenon bulbs age.

Buy top quality, new, Philips or Osram and beware fleabay fakes.

First, though, take the light unit out and inspect the wiring inside. The insulation peels off and is a known fault on older cars.

If you can, check you have 14 volts at the lights too. Voltage drop impacts light output. A long time ago someone was going to do a how-to on this but I never saw it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts