Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently bought aautomatic 05 Touareg 2.5 R5 TDI.

I'm having an issue with a clunk sort of bang when it changes into third gear, and sometimes when I drop down into second, but these bangs don't happen all the time, in fact they are quite rare considering the amount of gear changes it goes through.

All the bushes front and rear are completely ruined, so I'm getting all these sorted tomorrow. Therefore, I was wondering if getting these sorted might sort the bad gear changes? Or could I be facing something much more expensive?

Thanks for any replies!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Research drive shaft centre bearing [in English that is prop shaft centre bearing... You are on a US site

Also research valve chest in the gearbox.

Hope you have a good warranty.

As a new to the R5 owner, you need to double check you have EXACTLY the right oil in the engine ASAP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Research drive shaft centre bearing [in English that is prop shaft centre bearing... You are on a US site

Also research valve chest in the gearbox.

Hope you have a good warranty.

As a new to the R5 owner, you need to double check you have EXACTLY the right oil in the engine ASAP.
Thanks, hopefully it'll be the prop-shaft bearing and not the valve chest body! I'm pretty sure it'll have the correct oil as it has a full service history and, apart from the issues I've mentioned, it's running fine!

Nope, I've got no warranty as it was a private sale; unfortunately!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
You're wrong to make any assumption about the oil. Even VW dealers put the wrong oil in!

Do read up on it and unless your are 200% certain, change it ASAP for the correct oil.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
see my signature with regards to the oil

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Reactions: [email protected]
1 - 6 of 6 Posts