Club Touareg Forum banner

04 v8 touareg intake probelm

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  El_Chef_43 
#1 ·
I popped the hook recently in my Touareg and I noticed that where the air filter and the pipe that goes to the throttle body is dangling disconnected (picture posted below) is there any way it snaps back on by the looks of it I couldn't see anything that would allow it to snap back into place. What should I do to fix this problem? And has anybody ever experienced this? And last but not least could it be robbing some horse power?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
That's the maf connecting to the filter housing. You're going to need to epoxy/ Jb weld it back to the filter box. The stress of not taking off the maf during the filter changes does that.

Mines a hair loose on the drivers side.

#6 ·
Ended up doing mine yesterday. I cleanly broke it free and then put a clean ring of JB in the slot and then put it back into place. I then stuffed a bunch under the backside where horn intake is.

Attachments

#10 ·
very well I've had them on for about a year just checked them recently and they were still very clean. When I installed them obliviously I didn't notice any real performance gain except a hint of increased throttle response and better sounding induction noises

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.