Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Different parts places list different numbers.

0261210298 Bosch says works on their website but I’ve seen in listed as the one for the later, chain driven motor. It has the little rubber o ring on the line.

0261210261 rock auto and fcp list this one as correct, Bosch website says it won’t work. I’m assuming above works for all years and Bosch superseded, causing confusion? However this one is cheaper. Eeuropa lists the right part number for this one oem 04 from ecs 381k part number, but says it doesn’t work.

Anyone ever use this one and have it work?
I’m inclined earlier part numbers would work on my car not the other way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
358 Posts
I found the same when I replaced mine and decided to go with a OEM sensor. It’s a nasty job to install this sensor and wanted it right the first time. Even the OEM part number got superseded a few times and perhaps the reason for the confusion.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the same when I replaced mine and decided to go with a OEM sensor. It’s a nasty job to install this sensor and wanted it right the first time. Even the OEM part number got superseded a few times and perhaps the reason for the confusion.

Really? Seems you just remove the driver intake tube to get at the harness and remove the belly pan to unbolt it. Should only take an hour.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I take that back. I measured the old part and the wire is +- 9" long.

Yeah I guess it could be one the cam sensors too perhaps. Whatever it is it’s just a hard start when hot. I went for the crankshaft position sensor because of the error code which I gather is standard with the long crank no starts regardless.

I wanted to ask how is that M1 trans fluid holding up? Im at 167k and I have no record of a flush ever done. Didn’t see any receipts prior to 90k so maybe it’s not that bad. I figure that and the diffs TC, full timing belt kit will give me a lot of life left.

Next big thing I’m about to do is the intake actuators. Plastic arms are broken, metal and plastic bit off diaphragm and the actuators are frozen. I got a diaphragm off an a8 and ordered replacement arms off eBay.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Really? Seems you just remove the driver intake tube to get at the harness and remove the belly pan to unbolt it. Should only take an hour.

In theory yes but getting to the harness is the hard part. Its nestled behind the engine and out of sight and removing the connector from the funky metal bracket is a battle, mainly because you cannot see the bracket from above and if you break something there you are really stuffed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In theory yes but getting to the harness is the hard part. Its nestled behind the engine and out of sight and removing the connector from the funky metal bracket is a battle, mainly because you cannot see the bracket from above and if you break something there you are really stuffed.

Long needle nose forceps help and a mirror extension or just someone with smaller hands? What’s the good word on that m1 3309 trans fluid, still doing ok?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Long needle nose forceps help and a mirror extension or just someone with smaller hands? What’s the good word on that m1 3309 trans fluid, still doing ok?

You will need all the above mentioned and more!

The 3309 is doing really well. Just what the doctor ordered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts